-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-24-2005, 10:06 AM
haddles13 haddles13 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Stalling in reverse

I recently purchased (as in LAST week) a 2003 VW Jetta 1.8 T (with tiprtonic), 57K, and everything seems to be in good working condition. I've noticed though that usually when I put my car in reverse, it seems to feel like it's going to stall (and one night it did!!). I've taken it back to the dealership(not a VW dealership- but a very trusted and reliable one) and they say they can't find anything wrong....(it's even still under an extended warranty)-- any ideas of what could be causing this sensation and causing the car to stall in reverse?? PLEASE HELP!! I'm really worried...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 PM
veedubmechanic's Avatar
veedubmechanic veedubmechanic is offline
VDUBMAN
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
If there is anything wrong and you have an extended warranty, why dont you bring it to a vw dealer! It could be so many things..
__________________
ASE Master certified and VW certified. Just here to help
all check engine light codes ------>
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=328630
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
haddles13 haddles13 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stalling in reverse

I just filled my tank with Premium gas (not sure if the dealership had filled it with Regular, so i ran it until it was empty)- someone had suggested that might fix the problem. Amazingly enough it does seem to be running much better and I haven't encountered the stalling prob (except 1 time the first day I filled the tank with premium) since. If I still have the problem i'm of course going to take it to a VW dealership. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-30-2005, 03:56 PM
veedubmechanic's Avatar
veedubmechanic veedubmechanic is offline
VDUBMAN
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
VW requires 93 (or 91 if you cant get 93) octane fuel on 1.8t and vr6
__________________
ASE Master certified and VW certified. Just here to help
all check engine light codes ------>
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=328630
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '97 - '03


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts