-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-12-2002, 08:40 AM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
before i install

What hoses do i need? Like the radiator hose and shit like that. I know i'm gonna replace the timing belt and water pump. The wiring seems easy but the hoses is what bothering me. I just need new hoses. If someone can provide me with part number that'll be great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2002, 09:47 AM
Fishcat37's Avatar
Fishcat37 Fishcat37 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 536
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fishcat37
upper radiator hose - 95 del sol VTEC
lower radiator hose - 90 crx si or probably 95 del sol VTEC

im pretty sure that that's all of the hoses that i needed.....i would STRONGLY RECOMMEND HOWEVER TO REPLACE EVERY SINGLE RADIATOR HOSE ON THAT ENGINE. i didn't and i have had to replace almost every single hose because they've sprung leaks. almost every hose can be sourced off of a 95 del sol VTEC. (DOHC not SOHC...that's the si.)
__________________
FLINT BLACK 1990 CRX SI
Appearance Mods:
-JDM EF8 CR-X SiR Spoiler
-94/95 Integra GS-R rims
Performance Mods:
-JDM B18C swap
-OBD1 conversion
-Chipped P28 ECU
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
-MSD SCI-L ignition
-EXEDY Racing Clutch
Interior Mod
-'95 Integra GS-R Gauge Cluster
Former Motors - RIP:
-JDM B16A #1- Blew up due to over-revving
-JDM B16A #2 - Hydrolocked
Former Cars
'89 CRX Si - "The Bumblebee"
'94 Integra GS-R
'96 Camaro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2002, 11:20 AM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishcat37
upper radiator hose - 95 del sol VTEC
lower radiator hose - 90 crx si or probably 95 del sol VTEC

im pretty sure that that's all of the hoses that i needed.....i would STRONGLY RECOMMEND HOWEVER TO REPLACE EVERY SINGLE RADIATOR HOSE ON THAT ENGINE. i didn't and i have had to replace almost every single hose because they've sprung leaks. almost every hose can be sourced off of a 95 del sol VTEC. (DOHC not SOHC...that's the si.)
Well is that all the 2 hoses that i need? OF course i'm gonna replace them cause i cut them off already. I just went out to buy the water pump, timing belt and distibutor cap. I think i got the wrong dist. cap. I asked for the del sol dohc one and they gave it to me. Well i'm gonna go check it out to see if its rite or not. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2002, 11:32 AM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Ok i just found out that the distributor cap doesn't go with my b16. Its totally different. I have to go back to Napa and return it. Does the ' 99 - '00 SI one works? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2002, 11:42 AM
ricodemus ricodemus is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
from www.hasport.com

Upper radiator hose : 92-93 Integra GSR, Acura part number 19501-PR3-000. Trim to fit.

Lower radiator hose 90-91 Integra, Acura p/n # 19502-PR4-A00. Trim to fit.

Distributor cap 90 Integra

I followed this list closely, the swap goes on this weekend, I'll let you know the results
__________________
I'm a lonely male who'll settle for any phony in a ponytail - MCPB

The b16 is in and running strong
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2002, 11:48 AM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by ricodemus
from www.hasport.com

Upper radiator hose : 92-93 Integra GSR, Acura part number 19501-PR3-000. Trim to fit.

Lower radiator hose 90-91 Integra, Acura p/n # 19502-PR4-A00. Trim to fit.

Distributor cap 90 Integra

I followed this list closely, the swap goes on this weekend, I'll let you know the results
Oh alrite man thanks alot yo!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2002, 12:03 PM
91zc 91zc is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ricodemus
from www.hasport.com

Upper radiator hose : 92-93 Integra GSR, Acura part number 19501-PR3-000. Trim to fit.

Lower radiator hose 90-91 Integra, Acura p/n # 19502-PR4-A00. Trim to fit.

Distributor cap 90 Integra

I followed this list closely, the swap goes on this weekend, I'll let you know the results
This list is correct except that I found that the 92-93 GSR radiator hose was too short. So I got an extra lower hose and cut it to fit since it had approx. the same bend to it on the one part as the gsr hose. It worked perfectly.
__________________
91 civic 4dr
b16a
14.8@94
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2002, 12:16 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by 91zc


This list is correct except that I found that the 92-93 GSR radiator hose was too short. So I got an extra lower hose and cut it to fit since it had approx. the same bend to it on the one part as the gsr hose. It worked perfectly.
So i get 2 lower hoses or what?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2002, 12:38 PM
ricodemus ricodemus is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 91zc


This list is correct except that I found that the 92-93 GSR radiator hose was too short. So I got an extra lower hose and cut it to fit since it had approx. the same bend to it on the one part as the gsr hose. It worked perfectly.
yeah, do you mean another gsr hose? or you sourced from a different car that looked similar? I just read on there that I need the damn teg rear mount bracket. I hope my motor has that shit on it, since it was supposed to come with mounts. damn...
__________________
I'm a lonely male who'll settle for any phony in a ponytail - MCPB

The b16 is in and running strong
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2002, 03:15 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
I wonder if i need that rear integra mount bracket?? I have HCP and it came with 4 mounts so i'm not sure if i need it or not? Do i?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Phatwhippin_CRX Phatwhippin_CRX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Phatwhippin_CRX Send a message via AIM to Phatwhippin_CRX Send a message via Yahoo to Phatwhippin_CRX
between my site and the hasport site, the swap should be a snap!
__________________
1989 DOHC VTEC CRX Si
C'mon, it's only a Honduh...can't be fast!

I AM the Anti-Rice!

Swap info, Turbo tech, and naked chicks!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2002, 04:39 PM
Phatwhippin_CRX Phatwhippin_CRX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Phatwhippin_CRX Send a message via AIM to Phatwhippin_CRX Send a message via Yahoo to Phatwhippin_CRX
about the mounts...... first off, you cant use stock mounts. Secondly, no matter what kit you use, you still need the rear bracket from a 90-93 teg..... c'mon guys this stuff is cake!

Just gotta look around.....
__________________
1989 DOHC VTEC CRX Si
C'mon, it's only a Honduh...can't be fast!

I AM the Anti-Rice!

Swap info, Turbo tech, and naked chicks!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2002, 09:07 AM
ricodemus ricodemus is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hah, shoulda known Phatwippin would say something about the rear mount (after reading the webpage). I was happy to see that I did get the rear mount for the SiR, otherwise I woulda been screwed because the closest teg mount was in Georgia. Of course I got the billet HASport mounts! The old motor is out, starting on the b16! later
__________________
I'm a lonely male who'll settle for any phony in a ponytail - MCPB

The b16 is in and running strong
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2002, 08:29 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Quote:
Originally posted by ricodemus
hah, shoulda known Phatwippin would say something about the rear mount (after reading the webpage). I was happy to see that I did get the rear mount for the SiR, otherwise I woulda been screwed because the closest teg mount was in Georgia. Of course I got the billet HASport mounts! The old motor is out, starting on the b16! later
you wanna see who can get done first?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-14-2002, 12:07 PM
ricodemus ricodemus is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well, I'm not really doing it, I'm kinda watching and learning. but we'll see who gets done first....
__________________
I'm a lonely male who'll settle for any phony in a ponytail - MCPB

The b16 is in and running strong
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should you lower your ride before installing a Body Kit Wister06 Exterior | bodykits | Lighting 8 02-12-2005 01:26 AM
Supercharger 2004 Tacoma before install? westech Tacoma 2 01-28-2005 10:39 AM
Priming oil filter before install? ashah000 Off-Topic 10 10-04-2004 04:44 AM
just bought used engine what to do before install? integra111 JDM Motor & Parts info/chat 2 08-24-2004 04:10 PM
question before installing new CD player zlarson Cavalier 2 06-07-2004 06:41 AM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts