-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Dr. Bob Dr. Bob is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Bob Send a message via MSN to Dr. Bob Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Bob
Newbie here

Hi there,

Bob Hagendijk from the Netherlands reporting, 22 years old, still a student, and sometimes I like to build models (depends on the mood, sometimes I build for months, then I let it for ages). I thought I was pretty crafty with modelling, but after I searched this board I was thinking it wasn't as good as I thought... I only build cars the way they wre meant from the box, however I just started my first kit that I want to modify. I suck at spraying the car, so I have 5 kits almost done, but not completely. I sometimes think I have to make a diorama of a body restorer so it doesn't matter if the paint sucks :P. However, I found some great tips here, I hope they will help me. I want to spray my Tamiya Enzo any day soon now, I know some of you already built it, but I will post some pics of the engine and interiour later for you guys to criticise me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
freakmech's Avatar
freakmech freakmech is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to freakmech
Welcome! paint takes lots of practice but youll get it down soon enough. just keep building. hope to see pictures of your Enzo soon!
__________________
Friends dont let friends buy die-casts...
"If it can't run 24hrs., it aint sh!t...." -me



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
blueboost's Avatar
blueboost blueboost is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,618
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Newbie here

welcome. Don't worry about being perfect. Build for yourself, and enjoy the build. The rest will eventually come with time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 PM
tonioseven's Avatar
tonioseven tonioseven is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 363
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Newbie here

Howdy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 AM
blubaja's Avatar
blubaja blubaja is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,660
Thanks: 63
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blubaja Send a message via MSN to blubaja Send a message via Yahoo to blubaja
Re: Newbie here

Hey Bob,

Welcome to AF!!

Frank X.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2005, 01:09 AM
SchuberT's Avatar
SchuberT SchuberT is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Newbie here

'lo Bob, you have pie?

If you don't, I forgive you. Welcome to AF, can't wait to see some work from you.
__________________
Read the FAQ please.


https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/


Call me Matthew.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2005, 02:11 AM
mike united's Avatar
mike united mike united is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,787
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wecome.............
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Veyron's Avatar
Veyron Veyron is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,707
Thanks: 8
Thanked 77 Times in 70 Posts
Re: Newbie here

Hi Dr. Bob, and welcome to AF!

I'm the one who pointed you in this direction(Dino Scuderia).

Enjoy your stay!
__________________
There is a lesson in every kit.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
RunFlat's Avatar
RunFlat RunFlat is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Newbie here

Welcome Dr. B.

Veyron sent me here too. This is a great forum and you'll learn something new everyday. One other thing, if you can find a local hobby club your learning curve will jump to light speed!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Dr. Bob Dr. Bob is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Bob Send a message via MSN to Dr. Bob Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Bob
I don't have time for a club, I want to do it at times I want to build, and sometimes I don't do that for months. I have a few other hobbies that sometimes go before building kits. Every time I look here I see I'm only a beginner. Will take some pics tomorrow or saturday, don't have much time to get the kits out of the box and take pics and hook the camera up to the computer.
and hi Veyron, thanks for pointing me in this direction
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Amazon's Avatar
Amazon Amazon is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 349
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Newbie here

Hello there. Be ready to drown in a pool of liquid glue and unhardened putty here! And don´t say that you´re a bad painter. There isalways someone who´s even worse
__________________
Newsflash: Diecast sales fund terror activities.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-20-2005, 03:02 AM
primera man's Avatar
primera man primera man is offline
"P-Man"
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to primera man
Re: Newbie here

Welcome along
__________________

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Dr. Bob Dr. Bob is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Bob Send a message via MSN to Dr. Bob Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Bob
Well finally some pics here. First one is of my unfinished 360 Spider. Since I screwed up the body, I still have to think for away to use it, maybe as a parts car for in a garageshop. Second is my current project, a Honda NSX-R from Fujimi. Next time it will be a Tamiya again, because the kit is not very high quality IMO. As you can see I built in a spoiler and a rollbar, I was pretty proud of itfor the first time, but after seeing some stuff you guys pull of I think it sucks, but I will get there someday
Already thanks a lot for all guys writing the how to sections, I got a lot of ideas, and although I will screw up most of them, some should be nice.
I have a lot of problems with dust in my room, as soon as I spray somebig bigger than a wheel it will catch some dust, even when I put a box over it as soon as I finish a layer. I do not have money, or space for a special spraybox, since I am only a student with a small room. Any suggestions here?

pics:

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:19 PM
FocusOnCivic FocusOnCivic is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FocusOnCivic
Bad painter? I see not.

Keep us updated!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Dr. Bob Dr. Bob is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Bob Send a message via MSN to Dr. Bob Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Bob
Re: Newbie here

the exteriour is more of a problem. But, when brush painting larger objects like dashboards or interiour, aspecially with matt black, I always get brushmarks, I know it is better to spraypaint, but is there any way to lessen those marks? I couldn't find anything on brushmarks in the FAQ
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts