-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Audi > A6 | S6 | RS6 | Allroad | A7 > '96 - '04
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-12-2001, 06:08 PM
carz's Avatar
carz carz is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A6

This amazing car is really the same car as the aussie touring cars(but a street verision)The car has 200hp at 6000 rpm!Thats just amazing!Yes it has a V-6 engine and a 5-spd transmission.Heres a pic so gaz at it for a while and you'll see why its amazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a6 coupe.jpg (15.4 KB, 299 views)
__________________
Fortune Favors and the Brave
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2001, 06:29 PM
enzo@af's Avatar
enzo@af enzo@af is offline
Old Mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,506
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I don't think 200 HP is that amazing. I mean, that's about what the new RSX has, and it's got a 4. S2000 has more than that. 3800 Camaros have close to or more than that. Not that amazing. It is a great car though.
__________________
I've said it before, I'll say it again. "Nobody does rip and snort like Ferrari"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2001, 06:39 PM
matt's Avatar
matt matt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't find it to be that amazing. BMW's current 3.0 liter I-6 pumps out 225 HP @ 5900 RPM. While the BMW does have a 2/10 of a liter advantage on the Audi, BMW's specific output is still higher at 75 HP/L vs. Audi's 71.42857142857 HP/L. BMW also achieves this with 100 fewer RPM's.

Audi's don't do that much for me, but that's me opinion. I would much rather drive a BMW. I like the RS4, but that's it.
__________________
[000000] I-6 Power
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2001, 06:42 PM
matt's Avatar
matt matt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BTW, isn't that picture of a 4.2, not a 2.8?
__________________
[000000] I-6 Power
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-13-2001, 04:40 PM
CaRz_R_aMaSiNg CaRz_R_aMaSiNg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it may not be amasingly fast but i like it a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2002, 03:58 PM
Tom_S8's Avatar
Tom_S8 Tom_S8 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by matt
I don't find it to be that amazing. BMW's current 3.0 liter I-6 pumps out 225 HP @ 5900 RPM. While the BMW does have a 2/10 of a liter advantage on the Audi, BMW's specific output is still higher at 75 HP/L vs. Audi's 71.42857142857 HP/L. BMW also achieves this with 100 fewer RPM's.

Audi's don't do that much for me, but that's me opinion. I would much rather drive a BMW. I like the RS4, but that's it.
Correction , it's 231hp , at least in europe , for the BMW 330/530/X5 3.0/Z3 3.0... But you can get an Audi S6 with 4.2 liter and 340 hp , but in this class nothing touches the M5 for now... but wait till the new RS6 comes with a turbo V8 , and the new E-class with supercharged AMG 5.5V8 , i guess bmw will have to do something to keep the leader's position
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2003, 11:42 AM
farzin32's Avatar
farzin32 farzin32 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the audi a6 coupe picture is very nice and the car is nice!how much do u think it will cost?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2003, 08:43 PM
BigRed_03 BigRed_03 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BigRed_03 Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed_03
Re: A6

I bought my wife an Audi A6 2.7T with 250hp @4500RPM. I love that car. it is black with all options, except for curtains, i didnt like that idea. Black leather interior. Once i was at a stop on a loose gravel road, (I hate to do this to such a nice car) I floored it and had all 4 wheels spinning. I looked back and you could see it was an allwheel drive car or truck. it was AWESOME! Yeah, i can do that in my truck, but my truck is upgraded, my audi is stock.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-2004, 09:17 AM
lillucas lillucas is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A6

honda accord v6... 240hp?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Audi > A6 | S6 | RS6 | Allroad | A7 > '96 - '04


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts