|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Tweeters Blown? Unhook them...
ok, my stock tweeters are blown just like every other owner of a 3000gt. Now, the tweeters run in a series to the front speakers as we all know. My front speakers are blown as well. So i am replacing them with some decent Pioneer 225 max watt 6 1/2 speakers. I want to install the new speakers and cut off my tweeters completely. i dont even want to buy new tweeters, i just want them disconnected without effecting my front speakers. Is there any way to do this? Once again, i want the front speakers series to the tweeters shut off. So i just have the front speakers playing, with the tweeters disconnected but still in the car.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Tweeters Blown? Unhook them...
Just unplug the tweeters at the connector. They come out easily. Just pull up on the cover with a screwdriver, pop it the rest of the way out, and unplug it. Then set it back in place to fill the hole and its done. I had to unplug my passenger tweet when I replaced my door because of a short in the harness. Once I replaced the door harness I plugged it back in. While it was unplugged the door speaker still worked fine.
__________________
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
how do you replace the tweeters
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|