-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-09-2005, 11:30 PM
tcfco2005 tcfco2005 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 650
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rearend build up

what is needed to build up (strengthen) a rearend.
__________________
1991 RS
305 T.B.I.
700-R4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Link85x Link85x is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: rearend build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfco2005
what is needed to build up (strengthen) a rearend.
Hey what up dude! I was just looking at something on Jegs.com and they gave me some instruction on how to install gears and posi units. This summer i'm gonna get an auburn posi unit along with some 373 gears. I guess for starters you can go with those two items. i believe 89iroc had a post about strenghten our 7.5 10 bolt so they can handle up to about 400-450hp.
__________________
87 IROC - R.I.P, and she will never be forgotten
90 RS - The beginning of a new era... I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2005, 10:27 AM
89IROC&RS's Avatar
89IROC&RS 89IROC&RS is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: rearend build up

yeah, i wrote a bunch about performance for a third gen that included rear end tricks. Ill see if i can find it and repost it.
__________________


Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts