-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-30-2005, 09:50 AM
eric-aqua eric-aqua is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'87 Cutlass Big Time Short Out! Need Help!

I have an '87 Cut Supreme with hydraulics and I accidentaly grounded 36amps from the hydraulics batteries to the car and it seemed to have shorted out out something becuase none of the car's electronics will come on. None of the fuses in the panel are blown, I check the one fusible link I could see coming off of the alternator and it's good, not sure if there is another somewhere that may be blown (...know of any others??). When ya bypass the wires from the battery to the starter with a set of jumper cables connected to the baterry and teh terminal on teh starter the car will start. I replaced the one wire from the battery to the starter but it still doesnt work. Have no clue why it is wont work? Any suggestions? I have a manual if you could suggest any diagrams I should look at.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Chris Stewart's Avatar
Chris Stewart Chris Stewart is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 113
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: '87 Cutlass Big Time Short Out! Need Help!

Did you ground the battery cable from the negative post on the battery to the engine somewhere when you made the battery cable test?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:10 AM
weedahoe weedahoe is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe
Re: '87 Cutlass Big Time Short Out! Need Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-aqua
I have a manual if you could suggest any diagrams I should look at.
depends on which circuit isnt working, such as ignition circuit, started circuit, interior lights circuit and so forth. at this point ( if you are electrically inclined ) you will have to follow electrical schematics and test points for grounds and/or continuity where it should or shouldnt be, that is the harder but cheaper way out, option B is to take it to a shop and let them test the electrical circuits to fins where the short(s) is at
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts