|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
350 swap
i know this topic has been brought up alot but i cant fing the answer im looking for in all the old threads. my question is what is everything i need to do a 305tbi to a 350 carb. swap. A list would be nice. thanks
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Dude, you got the pic in the sig! Good sh**!!! I know i'm gonna do a swap but thats in the far future, or unless my motor blows. But honestly, i think since you have the tbi setup, all you would need is the motor, cuz it should just bolt right in. You probably don't have to change the fuel lines or any of that stuff. If i'm wrong someone will correct soon, but if im right
__________________
87 IROC - R.I.P, and she will never be forgotten ![]() 90 RS - The beginning of a new era... I hope. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
if i were you i would stick with tbi
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
y would you stick with tbi. just want to know
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 350 swap
In general EFI is more reliable and more efficient
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later. 194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies 179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ ON ITS WAY: MORE R.I.P. Andy 87 Benz 190e - DD 01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 350 swap
BTW thats a very nice very clean 3rd gen!!
__________________
97 Camaro - 2.077 60', 14.745 @ 92.20 - still down, one year later. 194k miles-160* thermo-V8 shocks/springs (V6 rear springs)-3" Magnaflow !cat (3" dynomax bullet) back-SLP CAI-stock boxed LCAs-poly tranny mount and torque arm bushing-custom HPTuners tuning-4.10s/eaton/TA girdle-3.5" alum DS-spohn LCA brackets-prostar skinnies 179.75 RWHP, 204.52 RWTQ ON ITS WAY: MORE R.I.P. Andy 87 Benz 190e - DD 01 EX250 - still gotta get my license for this thing |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
thanks, and is there a real power difference between EFI and carbs
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 350 swap
no real power difference between the two. the main difference is the accuracy of fuel delivery provided by the EFI which lowers emissions and improoves gas mileage.
__________________
Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052 |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
89iroc i was wondering what all i need for a 305tbi to a 350 carb swap is what link said all i need, which is nothing really
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 350 swap
well, pretty much when going from the 305 to 350 you only need to change the fuel delivery systems to match the demands of the larger engine.
as far as the TBI to carb swap because your bypassing the electronics it will run with just the carb, however youll have to put a new pressure regulator on the fuel line to lower the PSI from the 40psi of the electronic pump down to a carb friendly 5psi or so. this will also require putting a direct power switch to the fuel pump as the computer will no longer send a signal to it to power on.
__________________
Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052 |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
as far as computer stuff and sensors what can i loose and what should i keep
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
and will i be able to keep my 700-r4, i plan on rebuilding it if i can still use it for the 350
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
i tried doing the exact same thing and pretty much wasted a lot of money. i boguht a mallory 4309 fuel pressure regualtor and an holley 600cfm 4 barrel, and a hei distributor and i could never get it to run right. went to advance auto and bought a tbi adaptor plate and it fired right up, no problems at all. it was the biggest mistake I have ever made the tbi is sooooo much more reliable and efficient. you can make a lot of power with the tbi engine too
http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/modthel03.html |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
so basically what your saying is to just through a tbi on top instead of the carburator
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 350 swap
so basically i should just throw a tbi on top instead of a carb
__________________
1991 RS 305 T.B.I. 700-R4
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|