-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Juan Robles's Avatar
Juan Robles Juan Robles is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Sad News

Friday night I received a phone call from a friend who works at my LHS, to inform that the shop was on fire and the car that I have there for display was destroyed.

Thank God nobody was inside the store when the fire begins.

I want to show some photos of the car. In the last model show the car was chosen by Gregg for a posible photo in the Models Cars Magazine.



__________________


Current projects: , 49 Merc (100%), 99 Celica (100%), 72 Corolla (100%), Lexus IS 300 (100%)
NEED MORE PROJECTS!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2005, 11:54 PM
SoCalMark's Avatar
SoCalMark SoCalMark is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sad News

Man that's a huge bummer. I hope it makes the mag now. It good no one was hurt and you can always make a new one.
Mark
__________________
I like things that melt.
I dis-like things that don't melt.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2005, 12:04 AM
madslammer madslammer is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sad News

Bro, if they don't get you a new one; I have one in my personal collection. Just let me know and we'll work something out, Cool?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-2005, 12:07 AM
madslammer madslammer is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sad News

Hey, I forgot to tell you, I'm really sorry this happened. It was a great model. Just don't give up now and keep on building the nice models you build.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2005, 04:29 AM
RallyRaider's Avatar
RallyRaider RallyRaider is offline
Zomby Woof
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 8,871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Sad News

Sorry to hear that, man. It is a great shame to see all that time and effort disappear. At least you have some great pictures of what it used to look like.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-2005, 05:58 AM
flyonthewall's Avatar
flyonthewall flyonthewall is offline
Car Mod guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,180
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
That sucks big time. That was an excellent model you made. I think Gregg should definately get that into the mag now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 AM
DukeMan's Avatar
DukeMan DukeMan is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tough luck, I feel your pain. Looked like a mighty fine Celica to me, hopefully the photographer will keep an eye on your next creation and put that one in the mag . I also have a car in my LHS (the one in my sig) and I´d be pretty sad too if something bad happened to it.
__________________
/Fredrik

Current Projects:
-´70 Camaro Z28 (Baldwin Motion hood wanted!!!)
-´32 Ford Roadster (on hold)

´69 Camaro thread
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2005, 07:23 AM
ZoomZoomMX-5's Avatar
ZoomZoomMX-5 ZoomZoomMX-5 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 66
Thanked 119 Times in 92 Posts
That's terrible news - for you and those who lost models, and for the store owner and customers who depend on them. I've built the same model, yours is only the second Kaminari Celica I've seen built.

Hopefully it'll end up in the magazine, and hopefully you'll be able to build a suitable replacement.
__________________
My Fotki Album
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2005, 12:14 PM
injecting injecting is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to injecting
Dam that sucks super bad, Sorry that it happened. Hope you can get into the mag.
__________________
Matt!
\
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2005, 03:35 PM
GvEman's Avatar
GvEman GvEman is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,989
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Re: Sad News

O damn! I am glad no one got hurt! To sad about your model, and the shop.
Well keep on working!
__________________
Best Regards
Anton
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-24-2005, 03:41 PM
ImolaEK's Avatar
ImolaEK ImolaEK is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ImolaEK
Re: Re: Sad News

Wow, that must suck losing such a nice model I can't imagine me losing a model like that
__________________
-Joeham-
無限 MUGEN POWER
Email:
[email protected]

MYSPACE
www.myspace.com/joeham
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-2005, 05:58 PM
primera man's Avatar
primera man primera man is offline
"P-Man"
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to primera man
Re: Sad News

Sad news alright dude.
__________________

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-24-2005, 06:56 PM
TheBenzon TheBenzon is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sad News

well cant you go to see how badly the model was damaged maybe there is a way you can recover it if not im terribly sad for you loss
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts