-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Jaymes's Avatar
Jaymes Jaymes is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,223
Thanks: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Using Xmods Parts

Has anyone tried measuring or using XMODS parts for the models? I was thinking of using the Bomex front bumper from the XMODS Supra on my Tamiya, and was wondering before I buy one whether anyone has tried this and how it worked out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Mustangman25's Avatar
Mustangman25 Mustangman25 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mustangman25
Re: Using Xmods Parts

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that XMods are something like 1/27 or 1/28...too much of a difference to make it practical to use. If you want a Bomex Supra, then you can just modify the AMT front bumper slightly to make it fit the Tamiya...I've seen this done before to make an entire Bomex Tamiya Supra using parts from the AMT kit.
__________________
-Chuck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 PM
injecting injecting is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to injecting
I doubt anyone has tried it but I could be wrong. I think that would be pretty cool.
__________________
Matt!
\
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2005, 10:14 AM
SchuberT's Avatar
SchuberT SchuberT is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Re: Using Xmods Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman25
I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that XMods are something like 1/27 or 1/28...too much of a difference to make it practical to use. If you want a Bomex Supra, then you can just modify the AMT front bumper slightly to make it fit the Tamiya...I've seen this done before to make an entire Bomex Tamiya Supra using parts from the AMT kit.
He's right.... the scale difference is too significant. You'd end up chopping up the XMods parts to get them to fit. I think it'd be more useful just to build your own or, as mentioned, use the AMT kit.
__________________
Read the FAQ please.


https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/


Call me Matthew.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts