|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
I searched the forums and cannot find the answer, maybe it does not exist. I have a extended cab S10 and it is rusted out on the bottom corners of the cab from the door to the back of the cab. Is there any kind of patch panel that could be placed over that area.
Thanks for the help. If they are available, any ideas on where to get them would be great! |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
You can almost build a new cab with all the patch panels that they make.
Just check out Napa, or other stores that sell body panels. They can probably set you up |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
Bondo it. My dad had the EXACT same problem. He broke off the left over rust, sanded it, then bondo'd the are then finished it off with spray paint. It rusts out because something like there is a 2 inch gap where moisture can get in behind the cab. My dads is a '95 s10 extended cab 4.3. I just went out and looked at it and it looks factory. Hope this helps, and it took him maybe a hour and a half for both sides.
__________________
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
travis, no offece at all, but you never want to bondo a hole shut, bondo is like a sponge it absorbs water and after a while your problem will be worse then it was when you started, what you want to do is knock ALL of the rust off and put fiberglass on the inside of it, then bondo and filler puddy that smoth, and a priimeand repaint will be nessicary, http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/
... that is a good site for learning fibergass if you dont know |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
Eh, maybe it wasn't bondo, maybe some kind of filler. Anyway, I think he just did it as a temporary fix so it passed inspection lol.
btw, no offence taken here, my dad did it not me. Its holding up well though..
__________________
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
yeah, bondo is a fricken sponge, it will absorb moisture if it gets the chance, only use it if you have a solid seal behind it
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Cab Corner Panels 1993 S10
This sounds bad, but I did a quick fiberglass patch for a friend on his S-10 filling in about a 6" hole. That was 5+ years ago, and He really lucked out. It's still holding up really good. I didn't even do any prep work either.
I wouldn't try this with my own car, and this is the only time that I've ever seen a fiberglas patch hold up. I also wouldn't buy a car with any fiberglas in, and only the thinest layer of bondo (hopefully done right) |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|