-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
poncho1978 poncho1978 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question SSEI, 1997 or 2001?

Got a question for you SSEI owners. I currently own a 1997 SSEI I bought originally with 39K miles on it. It has 107K now- the best car I have ever owned. I have been thinking about getting a newer SLE (2002) and drove a few, but my '97 out performed, handled, and road better than those SLE's that had 75K+ more miles on it. I realize that is not an apples to apples comparison, but the more I drove an SLE, the better my SSEI felt. I have the opportunity to look at a 2001 SSEI with 39K on it and wondered if any of you have owned both and have an opinion. I really like the looks of the 2000-2005, but are they as good of a car as the '97-99? My '97 is in perfect shape and I have just replaced the supercharger oil, spark plugs, belts and air cleaner filter and she runs better than ever. I guess I'm concerned that I may not be able to find a low mileage SSEI in the next couple of years to replace mine when she finally gives it up. I put on around 2K miles a month, so by this time next year, I'll be pushing 150K!
Any thoughts???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2005, 10:37 AM
markwb's Avatar
markwb markwb is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 187
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: SSEI, 1997 or 2001?

Poncho, I would hold on to the 97. If anything look around for a 99 SSei with low miles. I think the 96-99 Bonnevilles are better cars than the newer 2000's. I owned a 97 SE (drove it 110,000 miles) with SLE package, that was the best car I ever owned.
__________________
Mark
2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, 1999 Ford Escort SE, 5 Speed
IBEW Local 261 Groton, CT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
poncho1978 poncho1978 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Thanks Mark- After driving the 2001 w/39K on it, I think I agree. I think I'dl be more willing to move to a 2000+ if I had 130+K on mine. I like the seat memory,heated seats, and how the supercharger seems to engauge a little earlier in the RPM range, but the interior does not seem near as substantial. I also like the looks of the 2000+, expecially in black (my 97 is white). I'll have to sleep on it more. Low mileage 97-99 seem to be non-existant. I think those owners are like me and hang on to them.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
poncho1978 poncho1978 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Thanks Mark- After driving the 2001 w/39K on it, I think I agree. I think I'dl be more willing to move to a 2000+ if I had 130+K on mine. I like the seat memory,heated seats, and how the supercharger seems to engauge a little earlier in the RPM range, but the interior does not seem near as substantial. I also like the looks of the 2000+, expecially in black (my 97 is white). I'll have to sleep on it more. Low mileage 97-99 seem to be non-existant. I think those owners are like me and hang on to them.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts