|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Brake Pulsating
Does anyone have pulsating when they go to brake? When i make a quick stop i do not fell it but when i am going slower i seem to feel it. I checked the front rotors and the rear drums they both are not warped. Does anyone know what might be causing the pulsating
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Your front rotors are warped. You can't tell by looking at them. Alero's are known for warped rotors. Your best bet is to get new aftermarket rotors and pads to replace them with. GM parts tend to make this problem come back in a short amount of time.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Brake Pulsating
Do you believe that the pulsating is coming from the front rotors even thought i am feeling it in the seat? Normally when you fell it in the seat it is coming from the back. Thanks for you response
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Brake Pulsating
When my rotors were warped, I felt it in the seat and the whole car. Some people just feel it in the steering wheel and others don't. But if you own an Alero and feel pulsating when you brake, its almost 100% the front. Normally the rear don't have a problem.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks for your help. would i be better off just buying new rotors or do u think i could grind the down and see if they work. Do you think I would have to replace the pads also?
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Brake Pulsating
What year is your car and how many miles do you have on it? If you still have the GM rotors and pads, I would say trash those and get some good aftermarket ones from Napa or Carquest. You could turn your rotors, but the problem would just come right back in a few thousand miles. If you get new rotors, I would just get new pads. Sometimes used pads on new rotors can cause problems down the road. Brake jobs on an Alero are very easy if you do this kind of stuff yourself.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
My Alero is a 2003 with about 40,500 miles on it. I think i will turn the rotors and see if that does anything, I can turn them for free so i guess it is worth a try. If that works i will let them go then when they start pulsating again ill go buy all new rotors and pads. Thanks for your help. Do you know anything about taking out the stock speakers in the alero, as i am new to this forum. Thanks
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Now the speakers I don't know much about. Have you tried www.aleromod.com ? I am a member there. Its a really good site for Alero owners.
P.S. You are very lucky that your brakes lasted this long. I have a 2003 also with 35k and the brakes have been replaced 3 times. The last time they warped, I just bought my own as I was not messing with the GM stuff anymore. So far they have been great. Hope to see you at Aleromod. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Brake Pulsating
Hey,
Before I bought my alero, (1999, 3.4L) the owner have the rotors turned, and now, (about 7,000 mi. later) i am feeling the pulstating under heavy braking, do you think it is worth getting some better rotors and pads now, or waiting? thanks Jordan |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Brake Pulsating
Quote:
|
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Brake Pulsating
I was getting a crunch/grinding feel in the brake pedal, took it into the shop and it turned out that the calipers were sticking. They applied the hi-temp grease, and now the crunch is gone...
|
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Brake Pulsating
hey thanks, i also have that grinding/squeaking problem, it even does it when i am at a stop...thanks for the tip!
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Brake Pulsating
Quote:
Good luck! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|