-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Rabbit
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-21-2005, 10:35 AM
sillyrabbit_83 sillyrabbit_83 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
silly solenoids. Please help.

I have replaced the starter in my 1983 rabbit, and I think that I am missing a wire. I think that it is the ignition switch wire and I can't locate it. This "phantom wire" has become a problem, so if anyone has any ideas or advice on this subject please help!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-26-2005, 07:24 PM
ianc ianc is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
More info, please. First, what did you do? You disconnected the battery, undid the wires to the starter, and pulled the starter. Did you disconnect anything else? Then you replaced the starter and-----? The engine refused to turn over? Turned over but did not start? Do you have lights? I don't see how a wire to the starter could disappear. A wire under the dash, sure. But the engine compartment is pretty wide open.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2005, 12:04 PM
termitesgraffix's Avatar
termitesgraffix termitesgraffix is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 259
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to termitesgraffix
email me some pics... top and bottom... i will see... it should have a wire going from the battery to the starter then to the alternator and then a lil one going from the starter to the ignition.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Rabbit


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts