|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have a chevy 402 that has no oil pressure. The crankcase is full of oil. I pulled the oil pressure line fitting off and turned the motor over a few times with the starter and got no oil out of the block. Is the oil pump fried? I need help troubleshooting fast because I need to fix before I leave to Iraq in a week. Please help.
__________________
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Im no mechanic, but a long time ago I had a bronco that suddenly dropped the oil pres. We dropped the oil pan and the oil pump had actually slid down somehow and the shaft wasn't engaging it.
damn fords P.S. Good luck in Iraq |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
If you pulled the fitting and had no oil when you turned it over by the starter more than likely you got a fried oil pump. You can pull the distributor and try priming it with a flat bladed screw driver and turn it clock wise you should get oil up in about 3-4 turns. If you still get no oil pressure then the pump is shoot. Hope this helps some.
__________________
You can check out my ride and my crew at http://www.twistedperfektionz.com ![]() UNDER CONSTRUCTION |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 402 BB Oil Pressure problem-none
thanks. Thats a good posibility. I guess I will have to lift the motor and pull the oil pan.
__________________
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 402 BB Oil Pressure problem-none
Thanks, that will be the next step to testing
__________________
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ugg, get rid of that cover on the carb... Let that damn thing breathe
__________________
Grand National. Going fast with class. Voted FASTEST street car on AF. Here is the proof!!! 1987 Buick Grand National. Back in action!!!! 1999 Ford F-250 Tow rig from hell 598 Ft-lbs. ASE Certified in... Mobile AC On Highway medium duty diesel engines. Off highwayy medium duty diesel engines. On highway trucks. Working on the eletronics certification Member ofA.A.N.B.C- Afer against non boosted crews #2 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 402 BB Oil Pressure problem-none
Trust me, that cover was just on while I was workinking on it. It breathes through a 14"x2" air cleaner.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: 402 BB Oil Pressure problem-none
Was the motor rebuilt? I know on small blocks there is a plug you have to install under the rear main bearing cap, if its not installed you will have no oil pressure. Not sure if big block has same plug or not (thinking it does)
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Re: Re: 402 BB Oil Pressure problem-none
Also check clearance between oil pump pickup and bottom of pan.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|