|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
'98 Wrangler 5 SPD 4x4 Idle Problem
The Jeep Idles Rough, But runs fine above 1000 rpm or so...The Check engine light is on And the computer is Showing a trouble Code For Multiple cylinder misfire...I tuned it up with a new Cap, Rotor, Wires, And plugs...I even substituted a new coil and its no better...I was thinking the Crank Sensor? Or maybe the Pick up in the Distributor?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I can be reached at my e mail address as well [email protected]..Thanks!
I did erase the codes as I should with the external computer after I did the work, but it didnt run any better and the light came back on... |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Forgot to mention
Its a 4.0L 6 cylinder engine...
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '98 Wrangler 5 SPD 4x4 Idle Problem
Try cleaning the inside of your throttle body with carb cleaner -- I was suprised how much dirt had built-up inside mine ('98 4.0L, cleaned it at ~90k). Pay particular attention to the idle airpath. Also, check your O2 sensors (simple voltage check in the Service Manual).
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ill give that a try thank you very much!
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: '98 Wrangler 5 SPD 4x4 Idle Problem
Still has the same problem..
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Check all the ground wires going to the engine.
What did the old spark plugs look like when you removed them? Any sign of a head gasket leak? |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|