-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mazda > RX-7
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Finally Pictures!

ok so this is a week later than I originally said but I couldn't get the pictures onto the site so I gave up and made a photo bucket acount... here is the link, let me know what you think of it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y27/soyox7/
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
drftk1d's Avatar
drftk1d drftk1d is offline
boost in, apex seals out
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to drftk1d
Re: Finally Pictures!

cant see it. it says it needs login.

imageshack > photobucket.
__________________
RX-7 TII
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

try again, it should work now
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2005, 10:16 PM
89tracerman's Avatar
89tracerman 89tracerman is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 457
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally Pictures!

nice car
__________________
my cardomain
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
drftk1d's Avatar
drftk1d drftk1d is offline
boost in, apex seals out
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to drftk1d
Re: Finally Pictures!

looks great.
__________________
RX-7 TII
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
RevvRX-7's Avatar
RevvRX-7 RevvRX-7 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RevvRX-7 Send a message via MSN to RevvRX-7 Send a message via Yahoo to RevvRX-7
I envy you. Thats a nice TII you just got there my friend. Nice nice. Hope you have lotz n lotz of fun and good luck with your 1st TII.
__________________
"Hand to hand. It is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."-Grey Fox -Gray fox (Metal Gear Solid)

"There is no good,there is no bad.Just perspective and opinion."-Squall Leonhart(Final Fantasy VIII)

"Love.. it is just an illusion which weakens and imprisons us."-me
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

yea I like it.. it has been to the shop twice already though, once for the starter and again for the slave cylinder... now it is acting up again... I think I just got a bad starter though because it won't do anything for like 2 minutes then all of a sudden it just starts up...

it needs new spark plugs too but thats like 25 bucks so thats no big deal and if the starter they just put in is bad I'll get another one free so no worries
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Jims5543's Avatar
Jims5543 Jims5543 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats!!! You have been looking for a while you deserve that car!!

As far as the slave cylinder goes, do the master too. If one goes the other is usually not far behind.

How are you running 720's and not bogging it down being too rich?? Does it have an SAFC or something to control the bigger injectors??

One other word of advise would be to change the fuel filter asap. I change mine once a year wether it needs it or not.


Good luck with it, it sounds like its a great car with some nice mods to start off with it should be a hoot to drive.
__________________
Sideways makes me happy
1987TII with 13B-REW Swap
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Daeshara'cor Daeshara'cor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally Pictures!

congrats, take care of it
__________________
'89 5sp Corolla GT-S [sold]
'86 5sp RX-7 [sold]
'94 5sp 626 [sold]
'95 5sp Eclipse GS [Sold]
'83 5sp Porsche 944 [selling currently - 80k miles, (716)866-6784 great condition]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

yes Jims I have an S-AFC II to run the 720's(it's even listed in my mods )

and I just replaced the slave because the guy just replaced the master a few months ago... I wish he would have done both together and saved me 100+ bucks but oh well

all I need now is some new NGK plugs because mine are crapped out I think but I have magnecore wires on her so I know those are good to go...

as for the fuel filter I asked the guy to change it before I picked it up and he said he changed it late summer so I'm not worried about it as of now but thanks for letting me know it's good to change once a year. I'm still trying to pick up all the tricks to the TII since it's my first one
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

bought some plugs and will be putting them in tommorrow... hopefully this solves my low idle problem, if not I think I'm going to have to adjust the idle itself
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

whatever happened to devout wankelist? I haven't heard from him in awhile
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2005, 04:44 PM
D3rELiC's Avatar
D3rELiC D3rELiC is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 721
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Finally Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyo
whatever happened to devout wankelist? I haven't heard from him in awhile
last time i told something like this to myself my thread got closed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
GringoEJS GringoEJS is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Finally Pictures!

Devout Wankelist just tried selling his RX-7 on Ebay, but didn't get half of what he wanted for it. He may have found someone to buy it by now. I was interested in buying it, but he wanted $2500 for a non-running RX-7 in OK shape.
__________________
1991 300ZX TT
1991 RX-7 n/a
1990 Supra currently being turbo converted
1989 Supra Turbo...soon for sale
1992 Stealth R/T for sale
1998 Eclipse GSX, modded, soon for sale
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Soyo's Avatar
Soyo Soyo is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Finally Pictures!

he just rebuilt it though, why was it not running?

and yes I thought about your closed thread but I thought I'd take the chance

anyway I changed my spark plugs today and it didn't fix my idle so back to the drawing board.... anyone have anymore ideas?
__________________
1989 RX-7 TII --- Just got rebuilt and street ported
RB 3" dual exhaust, BNR stage 1 modified factory turbo, FCD, S-AFC II,
720cc secondaries, Aftermarket Turbo inlet duct w/K&N, Hawk HP+ pads
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mazda > RX-7


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts