-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Engine
Register FAQ Community
Engine intakes, exhaust, turbos, nitrous.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Mike.Com Mike.Com is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Where'd 3rd gear go...

Ahhh, ok. I posted a while ago wondering why my tranny makes a noisy "whirr" 1st through 3rd but most noticeably in third gear. So I'm driving last night and I shift into third and it slips for a half second then catches. I thought it was my mistake so I forgot about it. It happend again in the morning, then again on my way to lunch. I knew something had to be up. After work, I was driving and noticed that there's NO 3rd gear. I can move the shifter into 3rd but it's just like neutral. I can move freely in and out without the clutch...

Has this happend to anyone before? Is there anything I should check externally that could possibly be the cause? The car has 124700 miles so I'm guessing it's just time for another tranny because 1st and 2nd "whirr" a little bit also. I'm thinking of getting a used tranny from a j-spec importer place; good or bad idea? Does anyone have any suggestions for a transmission shop in L.A. or a place to get a used tranny? Thanks in advance!

At least I can still drive until I figure out the best option.
__________________
-Mike C.
1995 Infiniti G20t
http://community.webshots.com/user/mike13bt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Mike.Com Mike.Com is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I called one place and they said that the J-Spec trannys they recieve won't work in my '95 because they're from earlier SR20DEs. What cars do share a transmission with the '95 G20t?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Engine


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts