-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-21-2005, 03:18 PM
ncyukon28 ncyukon28 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ncyukon28
4.8 Shift points hypertech

Anyone know a good setupwith hypertech for a 2002 yukon 4.8???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
jeverett's Avatar
jeverett jeverett is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett
Re: 4.8 Shift points hypertech

I would guess that they would be good set the same as the 5.3 shift points posted at the top of the forum. I can't remember what mine were off the top of my head.
__________________
1998 ECSB Z71
Whelen LED's
Kenwood 2-way
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2005, 04:18 PM
ncyukon28 ncyukon28 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ncyukon28
Yeah I thought the same but then...there is a BIG difference between 4.8 and 5.3 A 4.8 is a v8 with a v6 heart. I got a good deal on my yukon though. Should have paid more money for one with a 5.3. Oh well. I will try that set up with the 5.3
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2005, 05:04 PM
red00lght's Avatar
red00lght red00lght is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a popular setup for the 4.8:

1-2=+3
2-3=+9
4-5=+5
Rev Limiter=6100
Max Speed=128
Fuel=93
Firm Shift=yes


I personally bumped up the 4-5 setting to +9 because I hate how the truck goes into overdrive so early and gets out of the powerband. I also put my rev limiter at 5900 as 6100 seemed awfully high and not producing any extra usable power anyway. I do have 20" wheels so that might have something to do with me having to move the shift points higher? Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Moose is loose Moose is loose is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I set mine to:

1-2: +1
2-3: +2
3-4: +2
4-5: +2

PLEASE keep in mind that I run 315x75x16 (35") X-terrains too. I also run factory gears. This will DRASTICALLY effect your shift points.
BTW, It is the 4.8L, and even with factory gears, it does just fine. Honestly, not too much difference from the stock 245's.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2005, 08:57 AM
ncyukon28 ncyukon28 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ncyukon28
Re: 4.8 Shift points hypertech

Hey thanks. I will try that. Doenst hurt to try any advice. I will let you know what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2005, 02:40 PM
ncyukon28 ncyukon28 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ncyukon28
I tried Moose is Loose settings. It runs better now. Guys, I installed a TRUEFLOW intake kit to my yukon with a 4.8. It breathes awhole lot better. The cheapest I found was at powertown.com. Fast shipping to.

So far I have hypertech programed it
Magnaflow muffler
Trueflow intake

This 4.8 is feeling actually feeling like a v8 now.

Thanks for all of you guys information.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts