-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Lemon Law
Register FAQ Community
Lemon Law Share your experiences and receive advice regarding this unfortunate side of the automotive industry.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:15 AM
hchapman76 hchapman76 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Is this a lemon?

Hello all, I bought a car back in oct.04 and when I purchased it the driver side floor was soaked,Well the dealer said someone left the window down it was fine. So I went ahead and bought it well everytime it rained or the snow melted it got so drenched there would actually be a puddle of water on the driver side and also the passenger side had some water. I called the dealer and he told me to bring it over so I did and about 4 times after that and still not fixed they tried to fix the drain plugs in the floor tried sealing around the firewall and was supposed to take the windshield out and reseal it now they said they did that but I know for a fact they didn't. And now I have been contacting the dealer for over 2 months and he keeps saying he can't get ahold of his mechanic or he'll look into it and still nothing also he is to fix the horn.the horn don't work at all and the door locks don't work he is giving me the run around about all this stuff. He wanted me to traade up with a 95 grand am with 93,000 miles on it but the one I have now is a 96 with 71,000 miles and there was no way I was going to do that and still pay the same for it, So I told him to find me a car with around the same mileage and same year or newer well that was 2 months ago. So now he keeps saying he can't find nothing. So now do I have a lemon I called a lemon law place they said the car had to be a 01 or newer but I could go through the attorney generals office and file a suit that way. So I did and I have the paper work filled out and everything but I also just thought about going and trading this in on something else. What do I do? He will not give me any of the paper work to tell me what work he did on it, and it has been over 2 months since I told him to find me another car and we call or stop in every week. Well I thank everyone for any input they can share and I hope this nevee happens to anyone else it stinks!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2005, 11:22 PM
clawhammer's Avatar
clawhammer clawhammer is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,945
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Is this a lemon?

You should have run a carfax on it before you bought it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
greasyhog greasyhog is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 146
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Is this a lemon?

if you can prove he lied then you can take him to court. your question is it a lemon. i think a car can be a lemon only in the first year since it was made but am not sure about that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
hchapman76 hchapman76 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Is this a lemon?

I checked in with a lemon law lawyer and it does have to be 2001 or newer but they told me to contact the attorney generals office and the bureau of consumer protection will handle it. So I did that and am waiting to hear back.Thanks for your input though!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Lemon Law


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts