-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Natale Natale is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Transmission problems

I just put in a used transmission, soon after, my starter went. I put a new one in, and started my car, transmission fluis started pouring out of the dip stick. I kept it running, when it stopped pouring out, the radiator started steaming??!!!! The next day, I had to drive about 400 km for work, I had no problems for the next few days. Yesterday, I drove about 10 km, stopped, put it in park, and the same thing happened. Also noticed the transmission is making a knocking sound when it happens. My tranny fluid is the right color. What's going on???!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Natale Natale is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Transmission problems

Help!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
theFREAKnasty82's Avatar
theFREAKnasty82 theFREAKnasty82 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Transmission problems

sounds like you're transmission is over-filled or has a major restriction in it; that's why it spits it out through the filler tube. The steaming thing can only lead me to believe that your transmission is overheating b/c inside your radiator is a cooler for the tranny fluid and if your fluid gets too hot, it could cause that steaming you saw. What you can have done is a flush of your tranny cooler, make sure there's no restrictions in it.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts