|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
does my impala have ABS or not?
Ok, i have a 2002 impala.
It is the standard impala with the 3400 engine. Was ABS an option on this model, or was it standard/cant get it? I was looking at the dash, and I saw that there is a ABS light , although i have never seen it let alone flash wehen i started the car. I was driving on trhe snow and when i hit the brakes the car slid down the hill, when i let go of the brakes, the car quit sliding. With ABS the car shouldnt of slid, right? The car was made in canada if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help, i do have an engine shot, maby you guys can tell: (it isnt a very good picture since it cuts off some of the engine) ![]() http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../381926_17.jpg |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: does my impala have ABS or not?
My car too has an abs dash light, but it doesn't come on either. I know that my car doesn't have ABS in it. It was on option on the 3.4 liters. So most likely you don't have it.
mike |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: does my impala have ABS or not?
if you had abs when you started to slide, you would have felt the brake pedal start to vibrate and shake and push back at you. and unless you had music on loud or something like that, you acn also hear the abs kick in. but you you go to a dealership and have them look up you vin, they could tell you a definite answer
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
my 04 impala locks up so easy.
I guess I dont have abs. Its good to scare people when they cut me off! |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: does my impala have ABS or not?
allright, i guess it doesnt have it.
i would think by now most cars would have it come standard. |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Look inside the trunk lid for the sticker with the RPO codes on it, these tell you what the car has.
If the code JL9 appears on that sticker, you have ABS. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: does my impala have ABS or not?
I have a 2004 Impala and I don't think I have anything special and I'm pretty sure mine has ABS. Mine has traction control which should be the same unit as ABS system. I have the LS model but it's nothing fancy. It does have the 3.8 though.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: does my impala have ABS or not?
thanks, no JL9 code..
There was a JB9 code though
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|