|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Fuel mileage
Here's the deal. Years ago I had a 1988 Daytona Shelby Turbo. It was a 2.2L, boosted to 15psi with a homebuilt controller and weighed around 2900lbs. On trips my wife would tease me about the gas mileage...She would see 38-40mpg and I would stay around 36 (a little boost just to get around this guy
.Now I have a 2002 Accord 4dr. 2.3L, 5sp (same as Daytona) and approximately the same weight yet we're lucky to get much over 31 on the highway. Is it programming? Aerodynamics? Does a hairdryer make that much of a difference? Anyone, Anyone...Bueller? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Fuel mileage
Every car is different...just because you have 2 cars with 5spds, similar displacement, and they weigh approx the same, doesn't mean they will have similar gas consumption.
According to cars.com, you are supposed to average 20-26 city and 28-32 on the highway. So it sounds like you are doing just fine.
__________________
96 3000gt vr4 -K&N FIPK -Proboost mbc -Cusco front + rear strut bars -Greddy type-s -ATR downpipe -no cats -15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly. Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have a 2001 Accord Sedan (4 cyl, manual) and I get around 26-28 MPG. I can get 30-32 MPG if it's all highway miles and I'm not going 80 all the way there.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Fuel mileage
stick a hairdryer on it, if nothing itll go faster!!
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Fuel mileage
Have you gained any weight lately?
__________________
http://importfan_accord.homestead.com/files/New_Page_Accord.jpg |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|