-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-12-2005, 12:29 AM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
GTI races

The video came out horrible..isn't even worth posting. We raced about 6? times. From a roll/dig. I won most of the races..but he was alot quicker than I was expecting. He took me on the roll when I was high in 1st gear and had to shift. He's estimating that he runs mid 14s. Then his friend beat me in his 1.8t. That thing was pretty fast. oh, and civichbsi was there too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 AM
street_racer_00's Avatar
street_racer_00 street_racer_00 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: GTI races

Was the GTI stock? I don't think he could have taken you, stock...and the 1.8 was definitely not stock if he beat you.
__________________
2000 Nissan Maxima SE, autotragic, sterling mist
My Max: Getting smoked by boosted cars since 2004
2004 AF award winner: longest time period w/o posting an actual street racing story
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2005, 01:07 AM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: GTI races

The GTI had intake/exhaust/chip and had alot of the interior taken out. He said he could run mid 14s. And the 1.8T runs a "13.8"..but I think it's faster.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2005, 01:12 AM
street_racer_00's Avatar
street_racer_00 street_racer_00 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: GTI races

Fucking 1.8T...all it needs are like minor mods and they run high 13s...my car is just about as fast as those stock for stock, but I couldn't hit 13's with just BPUs(I don't think)...pisses me off!
__________________
2000 Nissan Maxima SE, autotragic, sterling mist
My Max: Getting smoked by boosted cars since 2004
2004 AF award winner: longest time period w/o posting an actual street racing story
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2005, 03:26 AM
pikkagtr's Avatar
pikkagtr pikkagtr is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: GTI races

yeah what do you expect from factory turbocharged cars
__________________
Power is Nothing without Control

#464 NBP ITR
Comptech Sports Intake+ Ice Box, AEM FPR, AEM fuel rail, Nology wires, Greddy Iridium plugs, DC sports 4-1 SS header, Apex'i N1 Exhaust, Apex'i VAFC II tuned

[email protected]
" Stop dreaming the life, Start living the Dream..."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2005, 04:39 AM
CassiesMan's Avatar
CassiesMan CassiesMan is offline
AF Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: GTI races

Was it the VDub 1.8 or the Audi 1.8? And good kills. I dont know if you got what I IMed you...so if not. After you raced and beat him, yous shoulda been like (and I quote my freind on this) "Where's the NOS Hard ass?"
__________________
2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z Base
K&N|Falken
I am just that JDM tight, yo.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2005, 08:22 AM
-Jayson-'s Avatar
-Jayson- -Jayson- is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: GTI races

good kills, did you end up betting?
__________________
2009 Ninja 650 R
stock for now...

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-2005, 09:44 AM
gti1689's Avatar
gti1689 gti1689 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gti1689
nice races. the outcome was what i expected. i was surprised that the GTI stayed with u from a roll, but i guess it's all about the right gear and rpm.

I think gti's are faster than 15's mid to high. i took mine to the track when it was new and i pulled out a 15.1 (i'll have to go look for the slip), and i think road and track had this test (like in 99) where the gti was 15.2 or 15.3. there is little to no data for the 99 to 01 vr6 gti.

mine has 174hp, and the new one's have 200hp. the switch happened in the 2002 models.

1.8t's are a bitch because they respond sooo well to simple mods. i could have had an 2001 1.8t, but they only had 150hp...and i do really like the vr6.

anyway, good races and i'm happy that he didnt try to pull anything funny on you (nitrous).
__________________

Just one of the pretty engines in the stable.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2005, 11:41 AM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: GTI races

he said he was expecting mid 14s..and, he'd beat me from a roll when i was at the top of 1st and had to immediately shift. and, we ended up not betting. which was fine with me. it made things less stressful. i had fun, so it was good.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 AM
civicHBsi91's Avatar
civicHBsi91 civicHBsi91 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,972
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
Re: GTI races

acouple of races the GTI clearly started out before the mustang so acouple races were iffy...

I know the kid and he got real cocky since he got his vr6.

The kid with the 1.8T im sure is chipped/intake/exhuast hes boosting probably around 20psi. I doubt hes in the 13's they are just good from a roll, hes not that fast from a stop until you get up through the gears.
__________________
2002 Acura TL Type S
1991 Honda Crx Si
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-13-2005, 12:25 AM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: GTI races

Yeah, I guess thats what I get for racing on his terms. haha.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2005, 05:28 AM
Tru Mach1Racer Tru Mach1Racer is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 82
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: GTI races

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampachi
Yeah, I guess thats what I get for racing on his terms. haha.
Good races, good kills, remember Mustang GT has has at least 307 ft pounds of tq, therefore the races from a dig is your best option until you get some real high hp mods. GTI's can come see you with little mods and better hp to weight ratio to win. Also, if your race from a roll in a Mustang, try to slip the clutch a bit to get your revs up and let is back out quick. That is what you need so that you don't bog the engine. And this will make your times from a roll faster.

__________________
The force is strong with you. If you defeat me, I will remember your name.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 PM
dampachi's Avatar
dampachi dampachi is offline
Banned
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: GTI races

Usually when I race from a roll I rev it up and pop the clutch and it makes me jump pretty hard especially if I'm in the right gear at the right speed.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts