-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2005, 08:54 PM
lifeseed lifeseed is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to lifeseed
Installaton of alternator belt - Help Please

I'm new to this forum, my questions relates to my 95 Geo metro 3cyl, with A/C. How do I get alternator belt past the A/C belt by loosing what bolts on a/c side? Have went through three belts, firestone replaced alternator and belt and has not been right since, belt squeals, wears to a frazzle and breaks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 PM
geozukigti geozukigti is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Under the compressor, there's a little box, with a bolt in it. That's the tensioner. Loosen that, and the A/C compressor will move up, and you can remove the belt.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2005, 07:20 AM
lifeseed lifeseed is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to lifeseed
Re: Installaton of alternator belt - Help Please

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2005, 01:32 PM
lifeseed lifeseed is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to lifeseed
Re: HELP!!!!Installaton of alternator belt - Help Please

I loosened the bolt for the tensioner, loosed the top bolt, moved the alternator to attach belt, it would not move over the entire way, stopped about a inch from end, belt would not reach, is it possible I have the wrong belt? Alternator wont move any further along bracket. Is there another bolt to loosen?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
geozukigti geozukigti is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not sure why your alternator wouldn't move, but there should be plenty of slack in the belt by then. Sounds like they sold you one that's too short.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-2005, 03:34 PM
lifeseed lifeseed is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to lifeseed
Re: Installaton of alternator belt - Help Please

Thank you very much, I bought another belt, the first one was not long enough,finally got it put on, squeals a little not like before now I have a check engine light on, and it would not start until I put in in reverse, and backed down a hill, hitting the clutch , it then started, will I ever get it back right?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Metro


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts