|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I Have A '93 Wagon - Whenever Any Door Is Opened, Until All The Doors Are Closed, A Horrible Loud "beeeeeeep" Goes Off!!! Doesn't Matter If The Key Is In The Ignition Or Not - - It Drives Me Crazy, And Is Loud Enough To Wake The Neighborhood - Please, If Anyone Knows Where This Dang Buzzer Unit Is So I Can Take It Out, Tell Me!!!
If I Can't Take It Out, Can I Disable It By Permanently Pinning The Pin That Pops Out In The Door Frame??? Help Me!!!!
__________________
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: That Dang Door Alarm!!!
Usually, a 'bong-bong-bong' is the indication of a door ajar. A single 'beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep' means the the key is still in the ignition, the engine is stopped, and a door has been opened. Next time you're in the car, turn off the engine, and crack a door so it's 'beeeping', then turn the key slightly, then remove it, then repeat, until you find the sweet spot that stops the beeping. This is, I believe, a classic 'bad key lock cylinder'. Take some of the keys off your car key ring, too much weight. Then spray the key lock cylinder with silicone lubricant. You may need to replace it...if it's causing your problem.
IMO.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Door Alarm Dong
This is Spidermann's wife - ATTENTION LADIES!! This is a classic example of WHY you need to be VERY specific when describing noises: I described a "beeeep" in my complaint, when in fact, it IS the "dong dong dong". I stand corrected!
THANK YOU very much for your reply!! The DONG DONG DONG door ajar is the noise driving me nuts - can we just remove the chime or....???
__________________
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: That Dang Door Alarm!!!
Geese, my memory went south for a moment. I just checked our vehical in the driveway and it has the problem you have but it also 'dongs' like yours instead of beeps. No beep anywhere, just dongs.
Anyway, check your key lock cylinder. Happy hunting. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|