-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics
Register FAQ Community
Cosmetics interior, exterior, wheels.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-16-2002, 08:54 AM
SkyWalker SkyWalker is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recommend Quiet Tires

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of 205/60 R15 for my Primera (or G20t in US).

Currently, it is fitted with the stock Bridgestone Potenza RE 88 195/60 R15.

I'm a person that gets irritated with noisy tires.

Please recommend me a set of quietest tires you ever come across.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2002, 01:56 PM
wickedG20's Avatar
wickedG20 wickedG20 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got the Kuhmo Ecsta supra's. They are very quiet, I don't even notice they make any noise unless I really try to hear it. It sounds like wind blowing very rapidly but in such a small tone, best I can explain it.

I've also had a set of falken's and they were noiser than the Kuhmo's, hope this helps
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2002, 09:57 AM
WinterG20 WinterG20 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RE 92

I am very happy with my RE 92's
__________________
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img.php?233710myg20.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2002, 03:38 PM
2002G20Racer's Avatar
2002G20Racer 2002G20Racer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Potenza RE92s are overpriced pieces of shit. Im swaping mine off with only 7000 miles on my 16's. If you dont belive me just go on tire rack and look at the ratings. Im gettin me a nice set of Pirelli P7000's.
__________________


Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-19-2002, 03:57 PM
jays-g20 '96 jays-g20 '96 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been happy so far with my 205 50 16 nitto extreme 450's... They have a tiny bit more road noise than the stock but the handling definately makes up for that!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2002, 04:32 PM
WinterG20 WinterG20 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bridgestone VS Pirelli

LOL - I think it all comes down to personal preference and experience.... I've had really EXTREMELY bad experiences with Pirelli so I stay clear away from anything Pirelli (except P-Zero series made in Italy). My FORMER P700s had belt problems after just 5K and I dumped them... Before that I had P something that was complete crap and before that I had P6s on a former car where none of them rolled straight after only 3k.. the dealer changed them over to BFG for no charge because of so many complaints.

If you've had good or great experiences with P7000, then by all means, use that tire!!!

..but RE92 IS what comes from the factory and the dealer sees many problems with OTHER brand tires (Slipping belts most common problem with Pirelli, Nitto, Michelin and cheap brand 'x' like Futura, Kelly, General, etc.) -- at least this is what my Infiniti dealer tells me.
__________________
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img.php?233710myg20.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Nismoboy1's Avatar
Nismoboy1 Nismoboy1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 628
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
i'd have to go with the Yokohama AVS db's, one of the quietest ultra high performance tires made if not the quietest. www.tirerack.com has them in that size for about $67 a piece.
__________________
John H.
2001 Infiniti G20t - Aspen White Pearl

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2002, 05:12 PM
jmgladden's Avatar
jmgladden jmgladden is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jmgladden
I'm down with wickedG20, love my Kumho Ecsta Supra's. Fairly inexpensive too.
__________________
`Jonathan Gladden
1999 Infiniti G20
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quiet tires jerry1967 Regal 1 07-01-2010 05:43 PM
Quiet tires AccordCodger Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid 1 08-05-2004 02:32 PM
Recommend Quiet Tires SkyWalker Tires and Wheels 1 03-20-2002 03:37 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Cosmetics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts