|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Passat Skid Plate. HELP!!!
The engine skid plate (plastic) on my 2001 Passat decided to come off as I'm doing 80 on the highway, and is now trashed. The best price I can find for the cm thick piece of shit skid plate is around $250. What should I do? Any suggestions?
__________________
![]() "Vector Art Enthusiast and Studio MX Web Designer" |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Passat Skid Plate. HELP!!!
http://www.car-part.com
You will have to look for another part as it isn't listed seperately. Then just call the yards 800 number & ask for the specific part. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
A new one from vw is either 140 or 195(for tdi model). IT comes with all the clamps and screws.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Passat Skid Plate. HELP!!!
www.drewparts.com - use ClubB5 for the coupon code and they'll give you an extra 20% off. Should come out to about $115 IIRC.
__________________
TREFFEN DER HAMSTER HEADQUARTERS |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
The noise shroud is destined to fly off, because the OE fasteners are very slightly different in length from front to back, and this difference means that the front-type fastener will not hold securely in the back, and vice versa. Oil change mechanics have no way of knowing this, and it would be a minor miracle if the plate got put back just right.
After buying a couple of the custom fasteners that hold this on (at $5 a pop) I changed all the fasteners to generic bolts + speed nuts. I still take the plate off before going for an oil change, and out it back when I return. Not too convenient. I love my car, as I have enjoed my VW's from 1968 onward. But the body trim story has always been a sad one. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|