-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-30-2005, 11:28 PM
BigSha BigSha is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Won't Start

Hello All,

Wonderful board. I have an 98 Intrepid Es V6 3.2 140,000 miles. I had left the car in the garage for about a week in a half and went to start it today and it just makes a loud clicking or clanking noise and the lights flicker at the same pace as the clicking or clanking and it won't start. The lights, radio, wipers etc.. all work. It has been cold in the area lately I'm thinking maybe something is frozen. Any ideas?

Help would be wonderful.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Won't Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSha
Hello All,

Wonderful board. I have an 98 Intrepid Es V6 3.2 140,000 miles. I had left the car in the garage for about a week in a half and went to start it today and it just makes a loud clicking or clanking noise and the lights flicker at the same pace as the clicking or clanking and it won't start. The lights, radio, wipers etc.. all work. It has been cold in the area lately I'm thinking maybe something is frozen. Any ideas?

Help would be wonderful.
Battery is discharged. If you have a voltmeter check the battery for a minimum reading of 12.5V. Remove the battery cables, clean the terminals and re-charge the battery. After recharging the battery reconnect the Red (+) cable first, and then the Black (-) cable. If it will not hold a charge...replace the battery.
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
BigSha BigSha is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Won't Start

Thanks... I'll give that a try.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts