-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2005, 08:53 PM
nuts n bolts nuts n bolts is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to replace the blower motor on 93

My blower motor has stoped working and I would like to replace it myself. The last few times it worked it made a rough sounding noise when on high so I am sure it must be the motor. I replaced the fuse and nothing. Where is it located and how do I get to it? It is a 1993 Intrepeid.

Thanks in advance!

Alan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2005, 12:28 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
Funny...I've just got through THAT
http://www.geocities.com/lmp4203/intrepid/DSCN2466s.JPG
for another reason (a short circuit)
and I do not remember where the blower was!
But from these Chilton pages, I think it is to the right...and seems it is possible to get to it without even removing the glove box.....
http://www.geocities.com/lmp4203/int...terblower1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/lmp4203/int...terblower2.jpg
__________________
'93 Ponty Transport 3.8; 2011 SUzuki SX4 AWD (wife's) ; 2015 Sorento 2.4 AWD 1928 Graham Paige Model 629
I don't believe in miracles.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2005, 09:03 PM
nuts n bolts nuts n bolts is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to replace the blower motor on 93

Thanks for your help, I have the motor out and it was an easy job. It sure helps to see diagram with instructions.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2005, 09:21 PM
nuts n bolts nuts n bolts is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to replace the blower motor on 93

As it turns out it wasn't the blower motor at all. I replaced it and still nothing. What should I check for next?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2005, 09:47 PM
AWP9521 AWP9521 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 719
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to replace the blower motor on 93

If it is equipped with ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) I could be the 15 Speed Blower Power Module, The ATC Control Panel itself, or the Body Control Module since it controls the Blower Power Module.

If non ATC equipped there should be a resistor block you can check and the Fan Switch.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2005, 07:37 AM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
Re: Re: How to replace the blower motor on 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts n bolts
As it turns out it wasn't the blower motor at all. I replaced it and still nothing. What should I check for next?
As suggested by AWP in previous post, when blower does not work at all, it is most impostant at least to know if the juice gets to the motor...and that must be tested with motor connected..because once motor is disconnected, one can read 12 v at the feed with a test voltmeter and think supply is good but when load is connected, the voltage can drop to zero. One can use a headlight as the test instrument also. Here obviously, you do not have voltage reaching the motor. At least...with the new motor, you'll probably get rid of the "rough sounding noise", probably worn out or dried out bushings/bearings.

If you do not come to a conclusion soon and need the blower, in the mean time you can run a pair of leads to the blower motor connector and feed 12 v directly ...I would use a plug that fits into the cigarette lighter. Check polarity cause the motor will rotate in the wrong direction if connected in reverse...and while this would nonetheless provide airflow in the right direction, you would be getting much less.
__________________
'93 Ponty Transport 3.8; 2011 SUzuki SX4 AWD (wife's) ; 2015 Sorento 2.4 AWD 1928 Graham Paige Model 629
I don't believe in miracles.

Last edited by LMP; 02-05-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts