-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Ruben5.7 Ruben5.7 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
04 Dodge ram Crew

I just installed dual Exhaust with Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series Mufflers and I am wanting to know how to quiet the interior noise in the cab? It is pretty loud in the cab and I want it to be out side and not in my ear? this is a true Cat Back System. The truck seems to be so much more responsive I just like it to sound like it has a hemi and not as quiet as a cadillac. I think the next step is the hypertech power programmer III. I would like to have the speed limiter turned off and the extra speed available and not be governed by the 110 speed limiter OEM......
Because who likes a little 4 banger to pass ya because you get to your ceiling.....

Last edited by Ruben5.7; 01-31-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2005, 10:06 PM
BleedDodge's Avatar
BleedDodge BleedDodge is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: 04 Dodge ram Crew

That's how people get killed. You don't need to go faster than 110 unless you're dragging the truck at a strip. Speeding is unwise.

You probably should have just left the exhaust alone. These trucks have a fairly present exhaust note from the outside anyways. The 50 series delta-flows are quieter than the regular 50 series, unless that's what you have on there already.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com
__________________
My Mopars
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Ruben5.7 Ruben5.7 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: 04 Dodge ram Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben5.7
I just installed dual Exhaust with Flowmaster 50 series Mufflers and I am wanting to know how to quiet the interior noise in the cab? It is pretty loud in the cab and I want it to be out side and not in my ear? this is a true cat Back System. The truck seems to be so much more responsive I just like it to sound like it has a hemi and not as quiet as a cadillac. I think the next step is the hypertech power programmer III. I would like to have the speed limiter turned off and the extra speed available and not be governed by the 110 speed limiter OEM......
Because who likes a little 4 banger to pass ya because you get to your ceiling.....
ya I think your right about the 110Mph. But then it seems like this truck is the best looking and has the best performance for the buck. I pull a 25' Travel Trailer and the extra 25 horses for pulling is nice. I'm taking it in on Monday and maybe going to the 40 series Flowmasters. They told me they're a little quieter? I don't know but the OEM system was just to quiet. I should have just taken off the resinator at the end of the OEM system. This truck is a performer and I don't say that lightly. Here in Western Wash there are allot of Civic, Accord, Acura, rice racers and the Hemi decal just makes them stupid. Probably pretty jealous.......
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Ruben5.7 Ruben5.7 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: 04 Dodge ram Crew

well went to the muffler shop today and they want to charge another 300 to put on the 70 series Flows. I called another buddy and he recommends the Magnaflows. So I think I'll wait a while to get this done. Thanks you guys for all the info....Wish I would have done some research before I did the exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
BleedDodge's Avatar
BleedDodge BleedDodge is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: 04 Dodge ram Crew

LOL. The 40 series are the loudest Flowmasters. That would be a step in the wrong direction.

I bet that exhaust shop still has your original exhaust system in the scrap pile outside. Maybe you can buy it back off them. I'm serious.

I'm not a Dynomax salesman but I do believe they make quality mufflers and systems...
__________________
My Mopars
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2005, 12:25 PM
CrucialConcepts CrucialConcepts is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to CrucialConcepts
Re: 04 Dodge ram Crew

So whats the deal did you get the Pipes or Not?
__________________
Visit my site www.CrucialConcepts.com
The 1 Stop Shop 4 All Your Automotive Needs!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts