-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy the end is near

This is tough.

The girlfriend and I had the talk the other night. The talk about where we plan on going after college is over.

<sigh>

They never said life was easy, right? To make a long story short, I am planning on moving far far away from this snowy state... i mean las vegas or something like that. She wants to stay. And she is not planning on coming with me, which i can completely understand considering i told her that i don't ever want to get married.

I didn't think this was going to be so hard when it was poking around my brain before, but boy was I wrong. Sure its still ~4 months away, but it already feels.. it's like we know the breakup is coming. And we do.. but.. I don't know. I have all these feelings churing around inside me. I'm torn between my dreams and my love. And even though this woman can drinve me up the wall sometimes i already miss her thinking aobut not having her here.

Ah where's a 12 pack of newcastle when you need one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Oz's Avatar
Oz Oz is offline
Aussie Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Oz
Re: the end is near

If it was meant to be, you'll work something out. Otherwise, plenty of chicks in Vegas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Blessed are the cracked ones for they are the ones that let in the light.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: the end is near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
If it was meant to be, you'll work something out. Otherwise, plenty of chicks in Vegas.
Yeah i know that, but that doesn't make it any easier. To think of how i'm going to break her heart breaks my own even worse
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Oz's Avatar
Oz Oz is offline
Aussie Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 13,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Oz
Re: the end is near

If it's killing you that much - don't do it. Go back to the drawinbg board and find a compromise where you can be together and happy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Blessed are the cracked ones for they are the ones that let in the light.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
82KnightRider's Avatar
82KnightRider 82KnightRider is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
From the title on this thread I thought armageddan was coming....
You might be broken hearted for a while but then youll get over it,the girls in vegas will help you too
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 PM
RickwithaTbird's Avatar
RickwithaTbird RickwithaTbird is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird
Re: the end is near

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82KnightRider
From the title on this thread I thought armageddan was coming....
You might be broken hearted for a while but then youll get over it,the girls in vegas will help you too
no man dont listen to that shit.

If you love this girl, and you leave her, you will never forgive yourself. She will hurt just as bad or worse than you, then she will eventually realize that you were a jerk, and get over you and move on. You will still be thinking about her.

HOWEVER.. I am not saying, "STAY"... nah.. thats up to you, but weigh the options.

Do you love this girl enough to stay in a place thats less than perfect for you?

Do you think you will love Las Vegas more than you love your girlfriend?

And probably the biggest thing to think about is...WHY does she want to stay? Is it because her gandma is in an old folks home and she is the only one who cares enough to visit her, and doesnt want to leave her alone for the rest of her life? Or is it because she doesnt want to leave her job at Jamba Juice? If her reason for staying is more important than your reason for leaving, then that makes you the jerk. But if your reason for leaving is more important than her reason for staying then that makes her the jerk. But if both reasons are equally important, and you both feel that you've got to do what you've got to do, then talk about it and decide if you want to stay together until you leave. And if you are gonna stay together, then when the time comes, have her give you a ride to the airport, kiss her goodbye, and try to keep in touch. Or if you decide you are leaving and she is staying, and you arent going to remain together until then, just kiss and say goodbye.

I kind of had the same situation. I left Hawaii last year. I had this girlfriend for a long time. I told her she could come with me if she wanted, but she said no I cant leave my family, (which by the way was made up of selfish drug addicts who always argued about money and beer, because they needed more money to buy more drugs and beer) but that I should just go back to hawaii after a year. At first I said, okay, I'll just come back, but it may be longer than a year. She was cool with it, but I realized that she was being selfish in staying there, because I was trying to help her move onward with her life, but she refused the help. (it was more complicated than that, but thats the jist of it) I decided that I wasnt gonna come back for her. I knew that if I told her, she might want to break up before I left, but I felt it was only right to tell her. I told her. She was mad and said she never wanted to see me again. But she called me the next day and asked.. "do you wanna hang out?", I said, "yeah, I'll pick you up in 20 minutes."... that was our talk about it. we stayed together until I left. She went with me to the airport, and we made out for 5 minutes before I had to go. It was rough, I hated leaving her, I cried, she cried, but I dont regret it.

You just have to be as honest as can be. With her, and with yourself.
It's a tough situation man, I know. I hope that you and her can sort this out without any arguing, and so that you wont feel bad about it. Just trust your gut feelings, because they are always right.
__________________
R.I.P.: My Thunderbird "Ricks 96".. 2/08/96 - 1/14/05.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2005, 11:48 AM
fredjacksonsan's Avatar
fredjacksonsan fredjacksonsan is offline
Caution: Monkeys bite!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,143
Thanks: 15
Thanked 75 Times in 70 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: the end is near

And if it's just the snow that's making you leave....there are other places with less snow.
__________________
Ours: 2020 Jeep Wrangler 2.0, 53k
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 84k
Kids: 2005 Honda CRV, 228k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2005, 03:42 AM
sameintheend01's Avatar
sameintheend01 sameintheend01 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 888
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sameintheend01
Re: the end is near

how about an "open" relationship?
__________________
Clear Corners
Front and Rear Strut Bars
Cold Air Intake with K&N filter
Iridium Spark Plugs
High Performance Plug Wires
High Flow Cat (unistalled)
Cool high/low beam lights
All around slotted and AEM pads
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2005, 04:09 AM
imtheoneandonlyD's Avatar
imtheoneandonlyD imtheoneandonlyD is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD
Re: the end is near

if the only reason your leaving is because of the snow then your leaving for the wrong reasons.

i agree when people say weigh the options. Make sure your leaving for the right reasons.
__________________
Pictures of the Truck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2005, 07:59 AM
HogieGT-R's Avatar
HogieGT-R HogieGT-R is offline
FAHRVERGNUGEN!
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HogieGT-R Send a message via MSN to HogieGT-R
i don't blame ou for wanting to leave man...MA is a frigging trap.......but as everbody has been saying, you've gotta think up a different plan if you love her that much
__________________
Hogie....sounds better than Jonathan

My Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-01-2005, 10:19 AM
fredjacksonsan's Avatar
fredjacksonsan fredjacksonsan is offline
Caution: Monkeys bite!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,143
Thanks: 15
Thanked 75 Times in 70 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: the end is near

Why do something that you KNOW is going to tear you up?
__________________
Ours: 2020 Jeep Wrangler 2.0, 53k
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 84k
Kids: 2005 Honda CRV, 228k
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: the end is near

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan
Why do something that you KNOW is going to tear you up?
Because this is real life, not a commercial; i dont have big shiny red "EASY" button to press.

And no i don't want to leave just cause of the snow I want to get out of taxachusetts, the superhigh cost of living, the fact that i've been living here my whole life. I want to see new places, new people. And I don't want to be tied down.. which i kind of am.

rock - me - hard place
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Colov99's Avatar
Colov99 Colov99 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 500
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Colov99
Re: Re: Re: the end is near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
taxachusetts,.

rock - me - hard place
Know the feeling... That and you probably want to get away from the massholes. I dont know what to tell you but good luck, and make sure you do what is best for you, as weird as that sounds dont let someone keep you from being who you are even if you love them.
__________________
2007 M6S SVE Onyx Black "TAMA"
MS CAI, Audiolink IPOD

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 AM
fredjacksonsan's Avatar
fredjacksonsan fredjacksonsan is offline
Caution: Monkeys bite!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,143
Thanks: 15
Thanked 75 Times in 70 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: the end is near

I hear you on the anti-MA. I lived there awhile. A very short while.
__________________
Ours: 2020 Jeep Wrangler 2.0, 53k
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 84k
Kids: 2005 Honda CRV, 228k
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: the end is near

Well it happened.

The straw that broke the camels back finally came last night.

We're over.
She's moving out.
I'm going to puke.

I guess now that i'm going to stay single for a long while. In a way i'm kinda relieved, but i'm also dreading the thought of not having someone there.

Well, theres no sense in doing to myself what I did the last time this happened. I'm biting the bullet, hitting the throttle and moving on.


After i puke.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts