-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-29-2005, 10:17 AM
alt95ima alt95ima is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95 altima wont start

Hi, I have a 95 Nissan Altima 2.4. Over the past few days when I went to start the car is misfired pretty bad and after running for a few seconds it smothed out. Yesterday on my way home I stopped at a gas station and when I went to start it up it would not start. I when back and tested for gas. There was plenty of gas. I pulled the coil wire of the distributer and tested it for spark by putting a phillips screw driver in the end of the coil wire and touching it to metal and it showed no spark when it was turning over. I'm going to order a ignition coil I guess(which will be easy to replace but expensive). I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems? What they did. Can I take the coil to a nissan dealer and have it tested. I called a nissan dealer and they said that is was probably a intake gasket or my distibutor. I can see why they might think that but it doesn't explain why there is no spark coming for the ignition coil. Did I test the coil correctly. Do you know of a better way to test the coil? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JON
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2005, 05:17 PM
chevynut68 chevynut68 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 altima wont start

Change the distributor, they have a seal in them that leaks oil, core charge is high, Autozone usually has them in stock
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts