|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dead Batterie
Hey all.
I installed a car alarm a couple of weeks back, and I had drained my battery pretty good. I then got it charged. This morning I went out to goto work (snow not so bad, so was taking my own car), and the battery was flat dead. The voltage gauge didnt even come up with anything. My mom told me the alarm has been chirping when Im not home every now and then. The car also hasnt moved in 9 days. It'[s been cold and snowy. DO I need a new battery? Im going to pick one up next week. I know its not a short... i had people check the wiring. Is a old, once drained, cold battery doomed? Thanks.
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd 75 Monte Carlo SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake... 12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded 01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP 95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
Depending on how old the battery is, it is probably shot... Letting a battery drain all the way is also not good for it. Battery's also do not like cold weather so all those 3 things can play a major role on your battery's life. A new battery is only like $35-40 so I would personally just go buy a new one if the battery is old and is not taking a charge and staying charged.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
Isnt that kinda cheap? Arent good batteries more expensive... like $100+
__________________
2013 Chevy Sonic 1LZ Daily Driver, 1.4L Turbo, 6spd 75 Monte Carlo SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake... 12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded 01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP 95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
There a plenty of good batterys for $100+ but I would never pay that! Go to a local Walmart or something that sells 5yr free replacement batterys for like $40-45 I think it was last time i bought a battery, then if it dies within 5yrs, take it back and they will give you a new one!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
Wal-mart batteries work great. I have 2 in my car(one in the back for a cap), last year my batterie froze solid and I just took it back to wal-mart and they tested it(the sides were bulging), and gave me a new one.
__________________
Blowing motors since 2005. ![]() 1995 Eclipse GS 5 Speed(White) 1995 Eclipse GSX 5 Speed(Silver) Need a file hosted? IM me. For Sale:Fidanza Flywheel, 7 Bolt AWD $120 Will take trades too.Quote:
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm one of the people who paid 100+ for a battery, but my yellow-top works great.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
I am gunna get my optima soon. But I need to get the car running right first,that will never happen.
__________________
Blowing motors since 2005. ![]() 1995 Eclipse GS 5 Speed(White) 1995 Eclipse GSX 5 Speed(Silver) Need a file hosted? IM me. For Sale:Fidanza Flywheel, 7 Bolt AWD $120 Will take trades too.Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Dead Batterie
i was abroad for 2 months and my car never ran during that time. the optima battery was flat dead. charged it up, and its still giving me a solid 12.6 V. they have a lot of juice for stereo systems, but unless you really need that many CCA, just get a walmart one like everyone says.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|