-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-24-2005, 05:05 PM
SCV Jedi Knight SCV Jedi Knight is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 1993 Exp Electrical Problem?

Just yesterday I started experiencing the following problems with my '93 Explorer:

First (the lesser of the two evils), my left turn signal is out. I have had this problem before and fixed it - the green turn arrow stays lit and the turn lights don't blink. Okay, not that big of a problem...

But, when I turned the ignition off, all three brake lights stayed on. Now they are on all the time, even when I'm driving and not applying the brake. This could lead to a possible dangerous situation. I have to disconnect the battery every time I park it.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
B33p3r B33p3r is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Brake pedal switch stuck?

Blinker doesn't work.......Flasher unit.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
SCV Jedi Knight SCV Jedi Knight is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New info:

This morning when I turned it on (after re-attaching the battery) the brake lights were off and the turn signal worked fine. About a mile away when I used the turn signal again, it stopped working and all three brake lights were on again.

This sucks. Time to call a service place, the bane of my car's existence...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts