-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Escort
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
bstempi bstempi is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dead blower in 94 escort

Hig guys....
I've spent about 3 hours or so reading about this problem...My rear defrost and blower worked fine. Since I live in PA, my car got burried in the recent snow storm and sat without running for a full day. After litterally digging it out, I started it up. Lo and behold, as it clames in the title, there was no blower. Sucks for me.... To make matters worse, when I try to use my rear defroster (push the button down), it doesn't turn on. The button comes back up. I've checked the breaker, and it's not popped. Would this be a fuse problem? I've also read that sometimes this type of vehicular retardation can be caused by loose wires. How can I access my blower motor? Any thoughts? Thanks all!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: dead blower in 94 escort

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstempi
Hig guys....
I've spent about 3 hours or so reading about this problem...My rear defrost and blower worked fine. Since I live in PA, my car got burried in the recent snow storm and sat without running for a full day. After litterally digging it out, I started it up. Lo and behold, as it clames in the title, there was no blower. Sucks for me.... To make matters worse, when I try to use my rear defroster (push the button down), it doesn't turn on. The button comes back up. I've checked the breaker, and it's not popped. Would this be a fuse problem? I've also read that sometimes this type of vehicular retardation can be caused by loose wires. How can I access my blower motor? Any thoughts? Thanks all!
Blower Motor Inop: Check fuse in fuse panel. Fuse will be either a 15A or 30A fuse.
Rear Defroster: Check 15A fuse in fuse panel. Are the turn signals, back-up lights working?
What type escort is it, ie. Station wagon, GT etc. and does it have a graphic display?
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2005, 08:17 AM
bstempi bstempi is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: dead blower in 94 escort

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Souphound
Blower Motor Inop: Check fuse in fuse panel. Fuse will be either a 15A or 30A fuse.
Rear Defroster: Check 15A fuse in fuse panel. Are the turn signals, back-up lights working?
What type escort is it, ie. Station wagon, GT etc. and does it have a graphic display?
Alvin
After doing a bit more reading, I fixed the blower. I readhed under the dashboard and litterally poked it with a flashlight, and it started working.

I have yet to check the fuse for the rear defroster....will do that ASAP.
The car is a hatchback. All of my external lights and whatnot are working.

When you ask if it has a graphic display, what are you refering to?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: dead blower in 94 escort

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstempi
After doing a bit more reading, I fixed the blower. I readhed under the dashboard and litterally poked it with a flashlight, and it started working.

I have yet to check the fuse for the rear defroster....will do that ASAP.
The car is a hatchback. All of my external lights and whatnot are working.

When you ask if it has a graphic display, what are you refering to?
Some models have a graphic display (self test) for lights, washerfluid circuits etc. Those with, and those without, have different circuitry/ wiring diagram. I needed this information in order to select the correct wiring diagram...You have it operating.....disregard my request.

O.K. it sounds like you had a bad connection on the heater motor.
If the fuse for the rear defroster is good, then look at the connectors attached to the rear window wire grid. Are they intact?
Alvin
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Escort


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts