-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:40 AM
KPot2004 KPot2004 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 462
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
project started

well actually all I have done so far was get it in the garage and get the hood off, may not seem like much but just getting it in the garage was a chore in itself, there was about a foot of snow in my driveway and I actually had to have people puch me in the garage

so before summer I hope to have:
383, 4bolt - already have
Edelbrock performer intake and carb
nice set of headers
2 or 4 inch cowl hood (not sure yet)
subframe connectors

anything else u guys can think of???

well tommorow i start ripping the 305 tbi out, one question I have is what exactly do I leave?? I am going to a carb set up and I am just wondering what if anything i need to keep??

Also will my front acc all bolt up to the new engine (ac compressor and such)

and I need a good source for a fairly cheap cowl induction hood, so if any one knows of a source for one, id appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-21-2005, 10:38 AM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: project started

Yup your acc bracket will bolt on and Master cylinder can stay. Also you should take some pics and post them so we can see your progress along the way.

Good Luck.

John
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
KPot2004 KPot2004 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 462
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well heres the 383, although not quite together yet. the block was hot tanked and cleaned off really good, new bearings, also at the same time had a pair of camelback heads hot tanked, dont know much about the heads, my dad told me they were good. has forged rods, and the kind of psitons with the lightning bolt (i dont know what brand cause i didnt buy the stuff)

the intake and carb are not the ones going on there, i have a edelbrock performer intake and carb im going to use

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:30 PM
KPot2004 KPot2004 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 462
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts