-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-13-2005, 06:48 PM
jafowler49 jafowler49 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my transmisson

I replaced my transmission at AAMCO a while back but I'm wondering if the one they put it was the old 700R4. My receipt says a "rebuilt P74C01 transmission" so I'm wondering if this is some other number or name for my old 700R4. I'm wondering this because I need a new tranny mount, but I just want a cheap one off ebay. Does anyone know if the universal tranny mounts on ebay would be good enough at least for a little while? I'm just trying to sell my car...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
CreepingDeath94 CreepingDeath94 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: my transmisson

If you're selling the car, just sell it letting any potential buyers know that it needs a tranny mount. It is an easy fix and won't effect the resale.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2005, 09:09 PM
FormulaLT1's Avatar
FormulaLT1 FormulaLT1 is offline
Fight the powwa!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,521
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: my transmisson

Your best bet is to email the seller and ask if it will fit but I have to disagree creeping, its not a good idea to try to sell a car with a broken tranny mount cause the possible buyer may not believe thats all it is and think there is a more serous issue with the car than a 20-30 dollar mount and may scare away possible buyers but if you have someone who wants to buy it by all means just sell it the way it is. Good Luck.
John
__________________
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.


Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
CreepingDeath94 CreepingDeath94 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: my transmisson

Yea, I suppose it depends on the buyer in question. if it were me and I test drove it and confirmed it was just a tranny mount, I would buy it and fix it myself. Though someone else might assume the worst...its up to you. It also depends on if you are going to install it yourself or pay a mechanic to install it.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts