-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 AM
RODNEY E HOLLEY RODNEY E HOLLEY is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry No Heat All Of A Sudden

I Have A 1986 Cutlass Ciera Brougham. I No Longer Have Heat.
There Is A Trace Of Heat When The Car Is In Park And I First Turn The Heat On, But Once I Start Driving There Is No Heat.

Help Please
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2005, 10:15 AM
1989Buickguy 1989Buickguy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

Is it running hot? I mean any evidence of over heating? First thing I would suspect is the thermostat. Pull it out and see if it improves. Or replace it with a new one, even better.
__________________
'89 Buick is SOLD!!!

Now a happy '92 Metro Ragtop Owner!

Death to Al-Qaeda Scumbags!!
Support the Troops, Not the War!!!

My Baby: 93 Olds Cutlass Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ragtopguy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
RODNEY E HOLLEY RODNEY E HOLLEY is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Buickguy
Is it running hot? I mean any evidence of over heating? First thing I would suspect is the thermostat. Pull it out and see if it improves. Or replace it with a new one, even better.

No the car is not running hot, the temp light came on two weeks prior.
but wnet off after a couple of minutes and has not come on sense.
Please advise.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 AM
94cutsupreme 94cutsupreme is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94cutsupreme
Re: Re: Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

Check your coolant level in your overflow...You might just need antifreeze/water.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Infinitrium Infinitrium is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODNEY E HOLLEY
No the car is not running hot, the temp light came on two weeks prior.
but wnet off after a couple of minutes and has not come on sense.
Please advise.

Thanks
That's not good. Those idiot lights only come on when the temp is extremely high, and people seem to say that when those lights do come on, then the chance for damage is high, cracked or warped head or damaged headgasket, etc. I hope this isn't the case for you. Top the rad and coolant recovery bottle, then warm the car up and observe the recovery bottle, if you see bubbles in the bottle after the car is warmed up, then you've got trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-10-2005, 08:24 PM
94cutsupreme 94cutsupreme is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94cutsupreme
Re: Re: Re: Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

My temp gauge started getting high about a month or two ago. I took it to a mechanic and he told me my head gaskets were blown. It costs up to 2000 to repair so I'm not gonna bother. I'm getting a new car in November so until then, I have to add water to the overflow before I go anywhere...

One day it got so bad that my check gauges light came on so I pulled over and I could hear my coolant bubbling. Not fun...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Infinitrium Infinitrium is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

2000 to repair head gaskets? Nah, he's bullshitting you. Even if you had to get heads off a junkyard engine, I can't see how it woulc cost 2000 bucks. Get some quotes from other garages, I am sure you'll find one that'll do it for a lot less.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
94cutsupreme 94cutsupreme is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94cutsupreme
Re: Re: No Heat All Of A Sudden

Nah it's ok...I would if I was keeping the car. But I'm getting rid of it soon so I'm not wasting anymore money on that piece of crap!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts