-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-06-2005, 08:14 PM
juancruz24 juancruz24 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Radio on 2003

I have the factory radio with the cd and tape player in my 2003 xlt I would like to know how could I take out this radio out so I could put in a new one?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
XLT03 XLT03 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Radio on 2003

If your unit has four holes (2 each side) you need to get the Ford Radio Removal Tool (ie. Ebay) to remove unit. If no holes then remove the metal trim that surrounds the radio and heater control and remove the screws that hold the radio to hte dash.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
ACCX4 ACCX4 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did it with sections I cut out of a metal coat hanger. I cut 2 sections about 5 inches long and bent them into 'U' shapes. Stuck the ends into the four holes and it presses two clips inside. As I pulled back I had to pull the cassette opening with my finger to help a little because the hanger "U"s kept pulling out. Also, make sure you have removed any fascia around the current radio. I had one that only had two screws in it and it came out with the radio a/c ducts and all. don't worry, it snapped right back in. Don't forget to note the size of the factory plugs that remain after you remove your radio. I had the wrong harness and had to go back to the store. It does work beautifully now though and it is great to have cd.

Check out www.installdr.com for pdf instructions if you wish. its great
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:54 AM
jimmerjr jimmerjr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can also check out this website that shows a step by step guide to removing the front bezel and the radio. Hope it works for you.

http://s88853021.onlinehome.us/explorer/radiobezel.html
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts