|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have a 93 s-10 pickup that was in a crash years ago and when the bodywork was done to it the shop did not save the label under the hood that has details about my particular setup. I recently had the motor rebuilt and when I put it back in I ran across the problem of correctly setting the timing to the correct mark. The manual(chiltons) I have tells me to refer to the under hood decal for the correct info but obviously that is gone. Any clues to what I can do to set the timing or where I can get the info to resolve this dilemma
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
.
__________________
Driving 1991 Honda Accord. Soon to have: -Infinity System -Xenon Ground Effects CANT WAIT!!! |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Best i can do is tell you the lable on my 85' says to set the timing at 10 degrees BTDC....guess you could try it, coudlnt hurt right?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Disconnect the timing connector and set it at 4 degrees.
__________________
Shop Foreman Corvette Specialist A.S.E. Master Technician L1 Certified A.S.E. Master Machinist GM Certified Technician |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Heres your best bet, DONT GUESS. Simply go to a shop and ask someone. Find a definitive answer. Dont guess cause if it is wrong it will hurt.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you've ever had a timing belt that jumped, you'll know that what happens isn't pretty. And purposely putting it somewhere without knowing how to is gonna be even worse! Find out how it is supposed to be for sure, because a wrong guess will cause it to NEVER run the same.
__________________
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: timing label on fan shroud missing
Welcome to Automotive Forums jenga1, and you other new people that haven't been welcomed yet.
I would hope that an owner of a 93 with a digital camara would be nice enough to take a pic and submit it for you so you can print it up and keep it on file. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|