-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-26-2004, 03:49 AM
dbwfish dbwfish is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
buying a 1995 525i

Hey Everyone:

I'm in the process of purchasing a 1994 or 95 bmw 525i.
I've been hunting for a 5 speed, but they're tough to come by.
How do the automatic transmissions in these models hold up?
I've heard they're a bit weak and expensive to fix.
True?

Thanks,
Dave in Oregon
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Presley348 Presley348 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Presley348 Send a message via AIM to Presley348 Send a message via Yahoo to Presley348
Re: buying a 1995 525i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbwfish
Hey Everyone:

I'm in the process of purchasing a 1994 or 95 bmw 525i.
I've been hunting for a 5 speed, but they're tough to come by.
How do the automatic transmissions in these models hold up?
I've heard they're a bit weak and expensive to fix.
True?

Thanks,
Dave in Oregon
================================================== =====


Hi dbwfish:

I do not know about the 525i's transmissions, but I do know that most all BMWs are fine cars, and if you are in "The Need For Speed" you might want to test drive a 528i or higher to see what you like the best.

For me, I too was going to purchase a 525i, but after a test drive, I needed a little more power, while maintaining good MPG, (at the time Prem. Gas was priced at 2.20 a gal), so I bought the 530i.

I get the power I need, and also the gas mileage too, 33.4 mpg! (Hwy) 29.3 mpg (City)

Hope this can help!

Presley 348
__________________
Presley348
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts