|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I want to run my car system while I'm workin on it. My problem is that the battery dosn't have enough power to power it without it runnin. I have an old battery charger that runs 14v@either 2ohm/or10ohms. can I hook up the charger while i'm listenin to music? also, how many ohms should i have it runnin at? The fuse is 40v's
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
What kind of amp(s) are you running, how many watts. How many ohms are you running the Amp(s) at. It all depends. Although I personally wouldn't run any system with a decent amount of power without the the car running in fear of running the battery dead. Even if you did, it wouldn't last long. I guess you could hook up the charger. You should probably just buy a new battery or run the car. Even with a new battery you probably won't be able to play your system for more than 10 or 15 minutes before the battery is dead, depending on what kind of power you're pushing.
__________________
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
old kenwood&denon-700W-4ohms-could change it to 2ohms. The battery is cuttin off because it is cold as shit. i'm probably goin to hook up anouther battery in parallel with it. HU is only pushin 50W-4channels
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
What are the amps hooked to??
__________________
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
the kenwood is not hooked up to anything anymore, but I have it bridged at 2ohms and the rca's from the outpunt are connected to the denon which is pushin two 12' tornado kenwood subs(700Weach) I'm thinkin about disconnecting the kenwood until my cars' back on the road.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
Are you talking 700 watts peak or RMS? So you only have one amp running? Sounds like you are going to have to get a radio out there while you work on your car because theres not much you can do. Even if you did get the battery to work it wouldn't work long before you'd have to start the car for 5 minutes so you could recharge the battery again. Just use a radio.
__________________
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: system question
my question is if i can have the charger hooked up as the system is on or what should i have the ohms set at to charge the battery?
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|