|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
89 cherokee, no cup holders!
i just bought this beast a few months ago, there is no where to put my Tim Hortons coffee, what do you guys do? I cant' see where there could be a place for any after market device of any kind. Please help !!!
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
Well one thing that I have done is keep a coffe cup in the car and then you can put the coffee cup between you and the center councel (sorry I cant spell) and then place you drink there. The coffee cup gives the extra support to the cup of coffee/soda doesnt crush on you. Dont try those stupid things y ou hang on the window because there is NO room between the window and stearing wheel for a cup holder. I also keep the back seat folded up and that creats a perfect cup holder between the back seat and the center councel on each side.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
There is a cup holder add-on. I have one in my '88. It installs on the console, in front of the storage bin, partially covering the emergency brake (brake still usable). They are all over eBay. Search for Jeep Cup Holder and you'll find ton's.
As an alternative, there are others that flip-out that you can attach to your door panels Last edited by Saudade; 12-15-2004 at 10:21 AM. |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
I bought a cheap cup holder from Wal-Mart--one that hangs over the door. Cut the overhang part off and drill two holes on the flap and screw it under the lid of the console(already two screws there). If you use your e-brake, this won't work for you.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
got the console one for my 1993, love it, uses the two screws under armrest
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
That sounds just like the one I've got - I like it a lot. It also gives you an easy place to mount a couple of rocker switches for lights, etc. One thing I did differently, it says to use the existing screws, well, I replaced them with a round head screw with a washer under each to keep the screws from pulling through the plastic. Even though the screws stick up a bit, they don't interfere with the lid at all...
__________________
You like jazz, she likes Klingon opera, so you compromise - you listen to Klingon opera...You like Cherokees, she likes Grand Cherokees, so you compromise - you buy a Grand Cherokee... |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
Go to www.quadratec.com or 1(800)745-5337
They have just what your looking for. |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
You know, I have noticed on my 88 Cherokee that one of those large plastic Dunkin Donuts coffee cups fits very nicely between the side of the passenger's seat, the pass side armrest and the pass door... It nests in quite snug.
No, not terribly convienent to get to while driving, but it is better than watching the full, closed cup roll around on the floor until the lid pops off and makes a mess... |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
I have this thing that kinda clips on the side of my center console is this thing stock? it holds two cups, but the damn thing keeps falling off and spilling soda everywhere. Well I won't ever lose my floor mat, it is permanently "stuck" to the carpet lol...
__________________
Black 99 Jetta GLX VR6 Black 92 BMW 525I Blue 95 GMC Jimmy SLT 4.3L VORTEC V6 (Sold... Junk) Green 98 Jeep Cherokee SE (totaled Electrical fire) Red 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Gone) Green 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (for sale) [email protected] "Racing a ricer is just like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded" |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
GUYS! Just drop the 15 bucks on the console holder. It fits perfectly. You'll like it.
By the way, 95XJ, I like your quote...
|
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
thanks lol
__________________
Black 99 Jetta GLX VR6 Black 92 BMW 525I Blue 95 GMC Jimmy SLT 4.3L VORTEC V6 (Sold... Junk) Green 98 Jeep Cherokee SE (totaled Electrical fire) Red 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Gone) Green 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (for sale) [email protected] "Racing a ricer is just like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded" |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
About four bucks at Walmart
www.geocities.com/tbuckit1/cup1.jpg www.geocities.com/tbuckit1/cup2.jpg www.geocities.com/tbuckit1/cup3.jpg Just pushes between the console and seat, works great. -slacker
__________________
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather................not yelling and screaming like the other people in his car! http://www.geocities.com/tbuckit1/index.html |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 89 cherokee, no cup holders!
__________________
You like jazz, she likes Klingon opera, so you compromise - you listen to Klingon opera...You like Cherokees, she likes Grand Cherokees, so you compromise - you buy a Grand Cherokee... |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|