-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-12-2004, 01:16 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
electrical diagram someone???

WOuld someone please have the intrepid 94 electrical diagram containing the exterior lights circuits (not Chilton..I have it and nothing about that there)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-12-2004, 06:35 PM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

I have parking lamps/headlight/fog and etc. diagrams what are you looking for?
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-12-2004, 07:10 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

Well I have a short to ground somewhere on the parking/tail lamp circuit and would appreciate a copy of the circuit to figure out the possibilities. WOuld it be possible to let me have a scan?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

LMP:
The park light diagram is 10 pages at a minimum. From what you said, I assume the 15A fuse (Fuse 9) is blowing when you move the Head light switch to the parking light position. You will have to isolate the circuit. All the parking light wiring to the lamps are 20 BK/YL and can easily be checked at the various connectors by back probing. There are a number of ways to troubleshoot the circuit, and the Haynes Repair Manual has the wiring diagrams and methods used to find "shorts".
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-13-2004, 10:45 AM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
Re: Re: electrical diagram someone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Souphound
LMP:
The park light diagram is 10 pages at a minimum.
Alvin
Well I though they had managed to cover that section on one or 2 pages like in other proprietary shop manuals that I have for other cars....
I have no problem doing a research procedure, except I'd like to know where are located the plugs to isolate sections, if there are some other that the end plugs near the lamps .
I have dismantled seats and trunk covering already and found everything to be neat and clean.
There is one part of the circuit linked to that fuse that serves some elements under the dash, like radio and some illumination. Getting under the dash is absolutely awkward and except for removing the radio - to no avail - I did not try for more. COUld that single section be covered within a limited space?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

LMP:
Forum rules prohibit attachments. If you contact me [email protected] I will try to send you the diagram/s you need. Since the parking lights front and rear are all in the same circuit, I can not see how you can be certain the short is in the rear, and not in the front lamp wiring.
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

Indeed I have tested all four corners, and that is why I"m questioning that part of the circuit under the dashboard, some chaffed wiring possibly.... Sometimes also the short disappears and I have all four corners working perfectly...WHen the short is there, I have a 37 amps drain on the circuit, while in normal operation it goes down to a cool 5.3
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

LMP:
Fuse 9 (15A) is fed through Fuse F (40A) in the Power Distribution Center. Fuse 9 feeds the Headlight Switch, Body Control Module, and Park Lamp Relay (Right of Steering Column) I usually remove the fuse, connect a test light (has it's own power) across the terminals. There should be no power present in the circuit. Move the wiring harness from side to side while watching the test light. If the bulb lights, there is a short to ground somewhere in that area. The same test can be performed on each component in the circuit, even a switch. If, you want the diagram/s send me an E-Mail or your E-Mail address.
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2004, 04:20 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
I have sent e-mails to [email protected] and a private message to AF.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2004, 10:08 AM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

LMP:
I sent you two diagrams as files so you can enlarge them if you want to. Let me know if they are O.K.
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2004, 12:46 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
...in fact I have received 1 file, labelled as page 2 of 5
waiting for the 2nd before telling if I need more.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2004, 01:13 PM
A. Souphound A. Souphound is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: electrical diagram someone???

I resent the 2nd file, page 4 of 5.
Let me know if you receive it.
Alvin
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2004, 01:24 PM
LMP's Avatar
LMP LMP is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 7
Thanked 76 Times in 75 Posts
GOt it all
Thanks
Will look now.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts