-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
jonmill jonmill is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cigarette lighter fuse

I have a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo LSE. My cigarette lighter fuse keeps blowing about every 3-5 days. I just keep replacing it and then it happens again. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what could be causing this or if they encountered this before.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2004, 01:38 AM
2eyefishclaw's Avatar
2eyefishclaw 2eyefishclaw is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 828
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw
Re: Cigarette lighter fuse

your cell phone charger
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2004, 06:15 PM
jonmill jonmill is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cigarette lighter fuse

Acutally I do not use a car cell phone charger. I use my cigarette lighter just when I am having a cigarette, which is about twice a day in my car.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2004, 06:51 PM
2eyefishclaw's Avatar
2eyefishclaw 2eyefishclaw is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 828
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw
Re: Cigarette lighter fuse

you may try replacing the element they sometimes short and cause the fuse to blow
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2004, 09:29 PM
gbick gbick is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This may help. I would check to make sure there wasn't a circuit breaker instead of a fuse for the lighter. Looks just like an ordinary fuse but is really a circuit breaker. Or try replacing it with one. When it gets too hot it will open but will work again and again.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts