|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
wheel hop
I have a 1990 Integra, 1.8L with a turbo. The front wheels hop under power. What is the least expense way to solve this problem?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: wheel hop
least expensive? don't accelerate so hard and it will even save you money . . . . .
Polyurethane motor mount inserts are the cheapest may to cure some of the problem, or you can fill your orginal mounts with some gew, I do have a website link at home. traction bars would be the ideal way - http://mmrusa.com/dsrcrossmember.htm Edit: here's that website - http://importnut.net/motormount.htm Last edited by jackasssi; 12-01-2004 at 12:21 AM. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: wheel hop
Quote:
I was going to say the same thing before I read your post.
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: wheel hop
Would that happen if you were to get a stickier set of tires or would that make the wheel hop worse? My Euro TA's hop sometimes under hard acceleration and don't even chirp. I thought it was the clutch slipping at first, but realized i had shitty tires.
__________________
2015 DGM STi - 2006 SGM STi - 1999 Built/boosted GSR |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: wheel hop
Quote:
On my car I could replace 5, but I only did the lower driver's side & passenger side AND the rear one.
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just curious, where would the front crossmembers mount to leave room for headers and such?
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: wheel hop
It mounts where the stock crossmember is.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|