-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Century
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-29-2004, 07:39 PM
larryhinz larryhinz is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1987 Stalls, need help please

Sometimes when I am taking off or coming to a stop my car stalls. It won't stall if I can catch it in time and throw it into neutral. Also, sometimes when I am stopped the idle pulsates. I took it to a shop and they did an engine systems diagnostics and replaced the crank sensor. That didn't help. The car runs great once I get going. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2004, 03:37 AM
vicious6's Avatar
vicious6 vicious6 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need to remove the idle air control valve and clean it as well as the place where it seats in the throttle body. Also, clean the area in the throttle body around the throttle flap. When oil and such gets built up around the edges, it will cause the car to search for idle and stall at times. Hope this helps.
__________________
1986 Buick T-Type
1987 Buick Turbo T
1987 Buick Grand National
1987 Buick Century Limited (My Faithful Driver)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > Century


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts