-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Suspension
Register FAQ Community
Suspension setups, shocks, springs, tires, handling.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-26-2002, 10:08 AM
gdalton's Avatar
gdalton gdalton is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kyb Gr2?

Ok heres the deal, I am not going to lower my car or change the springs at all but I am looking to stiffen it up a bit by changing out the shocks. I know the AGX's would work great but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the GR2's if you have used or know some one who has them please give me your impresions of them. Are they stiffer then stock? Did they help the handling? Do you feel they would be worth it or should I just save up more $ and go for the AGX's? Thanks.
__________________
05 Big Blue Stepside


“Somebody kicked my dog Mavis and I’m going to find out just who the hell it was. I’m all messed up on cough syrup right now so just like nevermind.”
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2002, 12:16 PM
howard_w13's Avatar
howard_w13 howard_w13 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 380
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Kyb Gr2?

Quote:
Originally posted by gdalton
Ok heres the deal, I am not going to lower my car or change the springs at all but I am looking to stiffen it up a bit by changing out the shocks. I know the AGX's would work great but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the GR2's if you have used or know some one who has them please give me your impresions of them. Are they stiffer then stock? Did they help the handling? Do you feel they would be worth it or should I just save up more $ and go for the AGX's? Thanks.
Far as I know, the GR2's ARE the stock/OEM struts. Might as well get the AGX's, since they'll adjustable. And from what I've read from some other posts, even on the lowest setting the AGX's are stiffer than stock. I've been planning on doing the same thing(AGX's)in a couple of months.
__________________
USA-love it or leave it!!!!!
:coolguy: :coolguy:

"Tis been my observation that a man that freely gives eveyone a piece of his mind ususally has very little left to think with."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2002, 04:05 AM
JKdonger's Avatar
JKdonger JKdonger is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 82
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I put the KYB GR2 on my car about 4months ago. I read that they were exactly like the oem struts thats why I got it(plus its less expensive than oem). I rode the stock struts till they were way dead. So when I put the GR2's on it was a big difference in ride. I don't think I will be lowering my car so the choice was the best fit for my case. I also read on the g20.net website that a stock strut Eibach combo setup was a pretty goode ride so if I decide to get springs, they'll do just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2002, 11:33 PM
ERIKbronx ERIKbronx is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ERIKbronx
I have it, feels stiff, handles good with my stock rims. Thinking of droping it when i get my 17's, Im wondering if I get lowering springs, can i keep the gr's or do i have to replace them? Any info??


:monkeypis :badass:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2002, 12:53 AM
howard_w13's Avatar
howard_w13 howard_w13 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 380
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ERIKbronx
I have it, feels stiff, handles good with my stock rims. Thinking of droping it when i get my 17's, Im wondering if I get lowering springs, can i keep the gr's or do i have to replace them? Any info??


:monkeypis :badass:
You'll definately have to replace the GR-2's cause the stiffer spring rates will wear out the GR-2's in a VERY short time. The KYB AGX adjustables are the #1 choice when using stiffer springs.
__________________
USA-love it or leave it!!!!!
:coolguy: :coolguy:

"Tis been my observation that a man that freely gives eveyone a piece of his mind ususally has very little left to think with."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2002, 01:58 PM
ERIKbronx ERIKbronx is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ERIKbronx
Thanx for the info, u people are my real mechanics!

:monkeypis :badass:
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: KYB GR2 @HP coilover complete Package Therickster122 Cavalier 9 04-21-2004 04:12 PM
Kyb Gr2? n1smo Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 4 12-27-2003 12:01 PM
KYB GR2 gas shocks for sale toronto pimp '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 11 07-21-2003 07:18 AM
Anyone used KYB GR2 shocks? AlwaysMovin '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee 13 03-03-2003 12:12 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Suspension


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts