|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Now what?!?
Okay, I have a 1985 BMW 318i and I had a BMW "master" look at it and he said it needed two new fuel pumps and relays. So I bought them and put them in and when I went to start car and it would turn over but not start up
We have a 1/2 tank of gas in it and when we try to crank the engine, the gas doesnt even come out of the pump! We think its the elictrical plug that plugs into the in tank fuel pump. Anybody know where this cord goes to? I think its under the dash on the drivers side and goes into a relay...is this correct? Or if you know what the problem is or think its something else, let me know! I have no idea what to do...can anybody help? thanks a lotttttttttt!
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
Assuming youv'e replaced the fuse, the likely problem is the main/fuel pump relay and even on an 85' you could have one of two different types depending on prod. date.
It's VERY unlikely it's a harness problem. You've got a "Master Tech' at hand, he'she should be able to perform the B+ [KL30 &KL15] test from the relay [towards or away from it dependeing on results] and isolate the cause fairly quickly. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
well.. i had a "master tech" but now my friend switched jobs and now doesnt have a bmw tech person at his dealership
but yes I have replaced the fuse, and am pretty sure I have a good relay. Any other ideas on what this may be?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
okay, do you own a test light or a volt. meter?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
yes i do and ive tryed a few ways, i just dont know what im looking for..
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
I'll be back Fri., if you can wait, I've printed out the schematics I need, left them at work.......
what's the Production Date of your car? [L/F door pillar] |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
i believe it is 05 85, take your time, im just glad your helpin me!
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Now what?!?
do you by chance know where the fuel pump relays are??
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|